• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Kaiser67M715

I changed my glow plug relay with an ST85, removed the cowl and wipers and sealed some cracked seam sealer that was leaking. Greased the linkages so they would stop squeaking. Then removed and replaced the gasket on the kick panel vent which was also leaking.

I left the cowl and screen on the top of the truck and the wind took them for a ride and now I’m missing a metal clip. Where can I get a #7 below, I tried LMC:

View attachment 756661
Agreed, junkyard or maybe another member. I've only ever seen the screens for sale, never the clips.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FedEx has picked up my lift kit, u-bolt reversal kit and steering box brace at Offroad Design and the NOS (2016) GEP HMMWV lift pump arrived today (thanks to Sharecropper for pointing it out).

IMG_20190301_213743.jpg

Oh and last week my air compressor and media blaster arrived.

IMG-20190218-WA0000(1).jpgIMG-20190220-WA0004.jpg

(Un)fortunately I didn't have time to set it up, I'm starting my own company which is taking up a lot of time at the moment. I do need the M1028 running as soon as possible tho. Besides having it as a daily driver it will be my backup truck for the company. Anyway, I do not plan to rush it, I want to do it right.

cucvrus

DSCF5937.jpgDSCF5938.jpgDSCF5939.jpgDSCF5940.jpgDSCF5941.jpgDSCF5942.jpgI was out trying to have some fun or at least get something completed. It is a muddy mess outside. I have a 1 ton skid of wood pellets in the back of the CUCV for my Son. I drove in to the city and delivered it. I thought people were going to break their necks looking at the snow on the hood.
I am starting another paragraph to keep up to standards. But anyway I used the CUCV 2 times since I took delivery of my new truck. Both times involved tasks that I did NOT want to do with my new truck. Why would I use a new truck when the old truck is just sitting there. I can tell you it is night and day between the 2 trucks. of course it is Captain Obvious. But I still like the rattle of the 6.2. this old M1028 runs perfect. Have a Great Day.

cucvrus

I have to agree, Rick. You need to get spaced out a bit. :mrgreen:
Rick, a space between paragraphs would make for an easier read. Just saying.

I guess I must get out my composition book and relearn myself. I am too old to learn old things that I forgot and never really served me well. I will post pictures and call it a day until I get schooled up. Must be snow blindness setting in. I admit I don't even remember how to space paragraphs and sentences. WOW.

Keith_J

The M1031 was leaving a good size spot of diesel wherever parked so I swapped the fuel pump. Went to the crazy Irish parts place, their part number M16140. Perfect fit, lifetime warranty. $20 plus the governor's cut. The install was not easy, thanks to 30 F temperature, tight spaces and having to stand on my head. But it is in and no leaks. Plus the engine lost an annoying ticking sound.

rustystud

The M1031 was leaving a good size spot of diesel wherever parked so I swapped the fuel pump. Went to the crazy Irish parts place, their part number M16140. Perfect fit, lifetime warranty. $20 plus the governor's cut. The install was not easy, thanks to 30 F temperature, tight spaces and having to stand on my head. But it is in and no leaks. Plus the engine lost an annoying ticking sound.
Did you learn how to become "one with the engine" ? That is a good skill to have.

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And more packages arrived today! I'm so **** happy right now!

IMG_20190306_162306.jpg

4" lift kit from Offroad Design with steering box brace, u-bolt reversal kit and D60 kingpin spring and bushing kit.

:D:D:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Custom plates
Really surprised these weren't taken yet in a state this big.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Recommend you do not post a pic of your actual license plate.
A lot of information can be found out about you with that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks