• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

rustystud

Make jokes all you want.
I personally could care less.

Not everyone that visits this site is a fellow enthusiast.
That is a very true statement. Even around here where I live. There are those who think if you drive a "military vehicle" you must be some kind of "white supremacist" . Even at my church ! I mean "REALLY !"

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With license plate info I can easily find out....

Full name and any aliases
Spouse name and info
Children information
Current home address
Past addresses
Current and former Job Employer
Any other vehicles registered
Social Security number (with this alone, incredible damage can be done to your identity).
Voter registration
Any Court action or civil judgements
Criminal history
If you own land besides your primary residence.
Etc.

Law Enforcement can dig much deeper.

There’s more, but I think you get the point.
We all are displaying our tags while driving with the masses.
It’s required by Law.

Posting it on a site that a lot of people hate is a risk.
It’s a fact.
No tin foil hat needed.
One only has to look at the extremes some political zealots will go to these days.

We all love our MVs.
Like mentioned, not everyone shares our passion.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I haven't had time to do much CUCV work lately but I did pick up a not so common piece, a CUCV II brushguard.
IMG_E2902.jpgIMG_E2903.jpg
Makes me miss my old CUCV II. :-( Pay no attention to the license plate please.
cucv II.jpg

cucvrus

DSCF2693 (1).jpgDSCF5937.jpgI am about to expose myself to the world. That is a freshly issued Pennsylvania license plate. I was peaking at other peoples today while I was driving. I wear dark glasses so they don't see me looking. Have a GR8T DAY. I seen that one already in Arizona. I was just issued a body cam at work and we also have a tag reader at the main gate. I was unaware that I was a secret agent. But I do like the body cam. It does protect my integrity.

cucvrus

I changed my glow plug relay with an ST85, removed the cowl and wipers and sealed some cracked seam sealer that was leaking. Greased the linkages so they would stop squeaking. Then removed and replaced the gasket on the kick panel vent which was also leaking.

I left the cowl and screen on the top of the truck and the wind took them for a ride and now I’m missing a metal clip. Where can I get a #7 below, I tried LMC:

DSCF5958.jpgI dug and found many. You only need one so it will be coming your way. View attachment 756661
I will send one out to you. These are nice and like new.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys I could care less if you post your license plate or not.

Was just trying to help people know what can be done with it.
Post away!

I replaced all 3 belts today.
Set lasted 3 1/2 years.
Gates Brand.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gen 1 died.... again...

I had it rebuilt by a reputable shop... When I picked it up the voltage was a hair low but not low enough for me to be too concerned... What's pissed me off, is I paid over $200 to have it rebuilt instead of buying a new aftermarket one because quality is supposed to be better.... should get more than a year out of it..

True Knight

Gen 1 died.... again...

I had it rebuilt by a reputable shop... When I picked it up the voltage was a hair low but not low enough for me to be too concerned... What's pissed me off, is I paid over $200 to have it rebuilt instead of buying a new aftermarket one because quality is supposed to be better.... should get more than a year out of it..
It’s hard to find quality parts now days. Al the cheep stuff is flooding the market and not enough demand for the better and more expensive parts.

Last time I rebuilt my alternator, the brand new voltage regulator I put in was no good. Very frustrating.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
and... I feel like an idiot....

I always check fuses first... and I did....

But, I didn't check the belt that's only a year old...

Pulled out my spare alternator (M1031, keep it in the body), pop the hood, and go to loosen the bolts and.... where is the belt? lolol

Belts were all new 1 yr ago.... but the store didn't have a gates for the Gen1,only the store brand.. the gates are all looking like new... the cheap store brand one shredded itself...in less than a year...

So, having replaced belts a dozen times on my rigs in the past 5 years, it's now a 20 min job, most of that time pulling out a 15 mm, step ladder, and pry bar (for tension)...

So.. crisis averted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks