• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Volvo740turbo

I have one thing to guess from afar. Did you ever look carefully at the feed line (rubber hose) at the fuel pump. Is your feed line touching the frame and does it have a small wear/tear in it where the fuel pump feed line may have rubbed thru or was cut by worn out motor mounts? Check carefully. The rubber feed line should not be in contact with the front cross member. Do you have motor mounts? Check them closely. i have had this issue more then once on different CUCV's. Good Luck. Check back.
I was able to scooch that around a little bit so I tighten the clamp on it and then I pulled the return line and the check valve I couldn't blow through either end of the check valve with the glass ball in it

Volvo740turbo

Yes it can run but poorly and act up at different times. Did you check the rubber feed line I mentioned?
It doesn't run poorly it either does or it doesn't I just got it fired back up after cleaning out the check ball it's getting kind of dark out now I will check that out in the morning when I have daylight if you look at the videos that I have posted you can see it operating perfectly

cucvrus

The videos do not help me to look at things I am mentioning. It is NOT running perfect or you would not be asking for help. Help my trucks running perfect. Tell it to stop running so good. NOT the case. It has issues. We are here to help resolve that.

Volvo740turbo

The videos do not help me to look at things I am mentioning. It is NOT running perfect or you would not be asking for help. Help my trucks running perfect. Tell it to stop running so good. NOT the case. It has issues. We are here to help resolve that.
https://youtu.be/Jbl7axYyZz0

Runs great...went on my store to wash my hands...let it idle and it stalled before I walked back to it...bleh

Volvo740turbo

The bottom line on the mechanical pump looked a little crappy so I wiped it off I got the truck running again it ended up being wet after a couple of minutes so I ended up cutting a little bit of the hose off and put a new clamp on it, so the fuel pump bottom line is resealed the fuel filter has been resealed with new clamps the feed line to the injector pump had been read tightened I got the truck running again and I'm letting it idle in the parking lot while I eat my lunch

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
......No offense, but your Truck is over time to repair it with seafoam, wd40, cutting ends of off rubber lines and exchange one brake cylinder.
It's time to exchange the one or another thing.
If I read correctly, you need your truck........so, now is the time to do the right things or ride your horse to death.
Again, no offense,
just my 2 cent's

Volvo740turbo

......No offense, but your Truck is over time to repair it with seafoam, wd40, cutting ends of off rubber lines and exchange one brake cylinder.
If I read correctly, you need your truck........so, now is the time to do the right things or ride your horse to death.
Again, no offense,
just my 2 cent's
I agree but I'm still trying to figure out what to replace....

Volvo740turbo

Again, no offense,
just my 2 cent's
I don't have a lot of free time to work on the truck and right now can only replace what's broken..not necessarily parts that still function.. i only get about 4 days off a month...

computer54

That sounds like me and I work 6 days a week and only have Sunday off and then it try to fix what is broken or wait for parts but I still drive it during the week too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks