• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

DSCF4350.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-2668-20-2-Speed-Impact-Wrench/dp/B00NJKDL9U

At that price get the Milwaukee. I never seen any good tools from Harbor Freight. I had the jack stands collapse on a build. Pittsburgh tools for heavy use. No way. IMHO. I value my skin to much.
The picture above shows the bow in the puller I am trying to use it to remove a steering wheel from my Kubota. I bought it to trash but it scared me when it bowed. I removed it and used my Mac puller and the wheel popped after I went all ham on it with the 1/2" impact. I was ready to find a flak jacket as hard as that wheel pulled. Dealer said they are near impossible to get off and said to cut the spokes and use a gear puller. The new wheel was ONLY $65. I send about an hour and liked it. It came off and everything worked out well. It needs a new upper shaft bushing. Just posting to warn about the danger's of cheap tools. Happy Holidays.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know what this bracket is?

It's down in front of the left motor mount- has a curved slot in it. Hard to see clearly in the picture, but it's inside the white circle.

Attachments

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe the reason for you, to asking is that the counterpart of the bracket ( it‘s bolted to the power steering pump ) was missing.
The bracket in the picture is down way too low to be associated with the power steering. In fact you can see the power steering bracket in the left side of the puicture. The bracket I'm seeing is way down by the motor mount.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That may be the problem. On my truck Bracket 11 in the figure is on the pump but isn't being used. Bracket 9 is facing upwards as shown in the photo above. Bolt 7 was never installed since I've had the truck.

What the heck?

Attachments

SSGTUSMC

Found another CUCV owner here on Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune . It was parked at base Motor T.

We are growing here on base this makes 5 owners in the same area with CUCV's that I am aware of.

Maybe we should get a members ride or something put together for the Camp Lejeune / Jacksonville NC and surrounding areas.

If you are near the area let me know.

cucvdriver@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

computer54

A new Bat. I hope the new mouth has nothing to do with the new Bat. I do speak a little backwoods myself. I think you are telling us. That the Milwaukee cordless ratchet does not come with a battery. And that you will buy one next month. If I type all that I have red lines underlining. Use spell check and proof read everything. I got the gist of it. Good Luck. But I would stick with one brand going forward. I have a mixed batch. Dewalt, Snap-On, Hitachi, Milwaukee. Toshiba, and some others I can't remember. I visit a lot of sales and yard sales. Good stuff cheap. Happy Holidays.
You said it, I well be getting the Milwaukee unit next mouth after the first from Amazon and for 280. it's a dell because it comes with 1 battery and charger.

cucvrus

New parts stash found.

Over the weekend I did some sorting and moving some boxes crates around. I came across some parts I sort of forgot about. Chevybrit you are in luck the gauge is in the mail to you. Hope we can do some trading. I took the picture as I found the cluster and as I removed the gauge. SSDV I also set the vent diffuser to you so you have toasty warm feet in your CUCV. DSCF4355.jpgDSCF4356.jpgDSCF4357.jpgDSCF4358.jpgDSCF4359.jpgThat is a very nice cluster it has not seen the light of day in 20 years. The truck had 18K on it and I parted it out back in the day. Your Lucky Day. Merry Christmas. SSDV the defuser is a 1 screwindexgrinch smiling.jpg attached item. I hope you can handle that. Merry Christmas. See what you can find to fill my stocking. Thank you.

RobM36A2

Well, after the big maintenance overhaul, didn't do a lot, except for playing in the snow last sunday.
Here a review of what was done:
-A fresh MOT.
-Engine oil + filter.
-Transmission oil + filter, Also transfercase oil.
-Airfilter.
-Wiper blades.
-2 used Almost new 33x12.5x16.5 tires.
-Rear window replaced with a sliding window.
-8 new glowplugs.

All but 2 glowplugs were swollen, it took the mechanic 10!! hours to change them out.
Still under warranty, as he ordered them at a new place, if they go out this year, they get replaced again for free.
And a few days ago, when I used the truck, there was a hint of glowplugs going bad.
20 starts give or take shouldn't fry the plugs, should it?

Oh well, it did set me back a month's salary, but it was worth it.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You said it, I well be getting the Milwaukee unit next mouth after the first from Amazon and for 280. it's a dell because it comes with 1 battery and charger.
Try CPO Outlets. Usually cheaper, especially if refurbished (which I usually get) and/or on sale.
Inspired by earlier posts, finally got off my butt and ordered a 3/8 drive Milwaukee ratchet for an upcoming project. It was $61, I think, delivered.
That was for a bare tool and all I needed since I have several batteries and chargers.

computer54

Try CPO Outlets. Usually cheaper, especially if refurbished (which I usually get) and/or on sale.
Inspired by earlier posts, finally got off my butt and ordered a 3/8 drive Milwaukee ratchet for an upcoming project. It was $61, I think, delivered.
That was for a bare tool and all I needed since I have several batteries and chargers.
Thank you for the info and I did get on there site and looked and it is cheap and I well look more later on and see what they have and it looks good too.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DA0934BB-5FA0-4CD1-BB8A-039974DC4C29.jpg
Installed a New Garmin NUVI gps.
Small and compact.
Don’t really need it but why not.
However, it will help since the cucv speedometer isn’t known for accuracy.

Won an auction lot of 20 Garmin GPS”s
Different models of the Nuvi line.
A few years old but all brand new in box.
Free Lifetime traffic and map updates.

Perfect Christmas gifts.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 712565
Small and compact.

Perfect Christmas gifts.
I have a very old one I use in the CUCV. It's more of a speedo like you say but the data comes in handy too. When I was going back and forth between FL and GA with the CUCV, I regularly wrote my mileage at fuel ups on the windshield with a sharpie. Nice place to keep notes.

Also, great idea on Christmas gifts... I'll forward my mailing address! LOL

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny about writing on the windshield.
We do that in helos, just not with sharpies. Grease pencils only.

That gps in pic will usually be on the speed screen.
I already gave my brother and uncle one each of the larger,
better units.
They were happy.

Found a bonus in the box of Garmins.
A new Sanyo digital camera. Really nice one.
Looks like someone took it out of box, looked at it and put it back. Zero scratches and camera works great.
It’s pink so my daughter gets it.

cucvrus

View attachment 712565
Small and compact.

Perfect Christmas gifts.
Now I known the next item of trade. Thank you. Excellent idea.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
itty bitty turn signals

turn sig ok.jpgturn signals, sort of. Left turn on at this moment, seeing if the aux LEDs overpower it. Oh, and I found a can of green paint ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks