• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Kaiser67M715

I'm looking on rockauto and they sell the locks, but not sets. I want everything keyed alike like it is, but I don't want to dissemble a new lock and swap tumblers around.
I never found a source to get keyed alike ignition and door (glove box optional) in black, only chrome.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered a set of two from amazon. Maybe I'll get lucky and the key they send me will work in the ignition and rear window lock. If not I'll have two keys.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember that in that era of GM products, the ignition key was square and always differed from the door keys. The CUCV was the exception. I'm sure the aftermarket could or already has, fixed this.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ignition key is square head and doors are the rounded head.
Standard civillian GM setup for these.
Unless you find a NOS CUCV set, you’ll have two keys.

rustystud

Fixed a flat.
Nail in passenger rear.

Love the tire plug kits![/QUOTE
I love those kits too ! I remember when they first came out. This salesman came by the shop and said he had this great new product that would revolutionize the tire repair business. He then preceded to punch a hole in his tire and then patch it with this sticky plug. We of course bought a kit and the rest is history. The salesman's tire had over 100 holes in it by that time too. You could see all the patches even on the sidewalls.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed a flat.
Nail in passenger rear.

Love the tire plug kits![/QUOTE
I love those kits too ! I remember when they first came out. This salesman came by the shop and said he had this great new product that would revolutionize the tire repair business. He then preceded to punch a hole in his tire and then patch it with this sticky plug. We of course bought a kit and the rest is history. The salesman's tire had over 100 holes in it by that time too. You could see all the patches even on the sidewalls.
They are amazing!
Seems like I use mine on something once a month or more.
Such a time and trouble saver.
Just have extra glue on hand.
Sometimes those tubes dry out and you don’t realize it until it’s needed.
It has really saved me on a couple of trips when not close to any help.

Reminds me, I need to buy another kit.......

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
30 degrees this morning in Orlando. My wife's Tahoe is in the shop, so I left her the Dodge. I had a choice between the M1009 or the Model A. I needed some diesel therapy. I unplugged my Battery Tender from my M1009. It started it up with one glow plug cycle and without touching the throttle! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks