• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A1C or M825

AIE1

OK fellows, there are a lot of jeeps out there, anyone know if there is a source of either the M151A1C or M825's, I'm considering taking on a 106 MM Recolilless Rifle project. The 106's are out there, how about the jeeps. If I remember right the ass end had bigger springs to hold the weight of the Recoilless Rifle, plus seats that fit on the fenders. I have not seen the 106 on a M151 since my pre Vietnam days. Any ideas?? TIA

TNJMurray

We've got a part for that
I have the over load springs and a few cannon parts for the body. I think George Baxter at army jeep parts may still have the base jeep mount and you can get the gun and mount from Brent m in Texas . If you find a good a1 of a2 you can make one as a lot of them were made during rebuilds in the depot. Email me if you have any questions. I have a a1c that I have yet to assembly . Time!!!! Thanks John Murray murco@tnjmurray.com

AIE1

M825.jpgThanks John, I had no idea the basic vehicle was converted at depot, unlike the FLA M718 I knew that vehicle could be modified to that config. Looks like a major change to convert to M825 with ass end of vehicle cut out. Being your dad purchased many of the 151 series back in the day what happened to most of the M825/M151A1C's. Hard targets? Curious more than anything!

FrankUSMC

AIE1
The jeep would have gone to DRMO with out the gun, so no, on the hard target just because it was a M151C model.
Remember, the gun and mount just rolled into the back of the jeep. I think it took 3 soldiers to put it in the back of the jeep. The back legs of the mount would then clamp it into place. The same mount would be used on the ground when not in the jeep.
I am building a M38A1C this summer. One of the "you got to be joking" parts in the manual on how to convert a M38A1 into M38A1C is, in the manual it shows you how to cut the tailgate out of the back of the jeep. You use a chisel and a hammer! I think I will be using the cutting wheel.
One more thing, it took me about 2 years to find all the parts to build a M38A1C. Be careful when buying the over load springs for the back of the jeep. I have seen for sell, but it will not be the complete kit needed. Make sure you are getting all the parts needed. The 106 was the easy part to find.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks