• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping costs?

Iski

Does anyone have a ballpark cost to ship a Deuce 1,500 miles (say WI to CT)?

Thanks
Iski

Iski

$2.00 to $4.00 a mile[/QUOTE
Living in CT I may either have to keep looking for closer sales or have someone local pickup and evaluate\update it's condition. I would love to drive one home, but realize it may end up on a trailer.

Thanks
Iski

3dAngus

There is someone in the Northeast who does regular hauling and gives SS members discounts on the back end. I need to write his name down. Maybe someone else will chime in and provide the name for you, with this post serving as a reminder. Good luck with it. Seems to be $3 on average, but we've seen better. Just depends on the drivers situation at the time.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shipping costs for a truck is rapidly becoming the question de jour. If you were to search the SS site you would see numerous answers. This is exactly like insurance questions, call and find out. Except for a few shippers on here no one on the site can tell you since it is different every time. Fuel rate swings can swing shipping prices just as wildly.

Before you ask for shippers search the site. They are on here as well.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah I forgot, the rates are between $0.01 and $99.00 a loaded or unloaded mile. Plan accordingly.

Iski

Understood. SWBradley1. I'm still learning the ropes. The more I think about it the more I want to take the trip.
Thanks
Iski

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just had a member do a 939 series from Chicago to NC last weekend and went through Dayton. I don't recommend buying one sight unseen in WI and then driving it bacl but we have a member in WI that will get it off base for you and make sure it is safe and roadworthy for your recovery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks