• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This is how WE roll ;-) DHOG > Dutch Humvee Owners Group

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny:

Not so sure about that... Are there really so many "Rednecks" out there in GA, owning a HMMWV ... and doing rally-things?
How comes we don't see them in Durhamtown....?:p

(It almost sounds as if you are a bit envious...... which I would perfectly understand, of course.......... :))

To the OP: nice videos! Thanks for sharing!

G.

TehTDK

Really good videos and I bet you had fun :). I do have a few comments tho

1:
I was taught that when doing a field or roadside recovery with a recovery strap, that you are generally better off recovering going forward due to the fact that your engine+transmission is setup to provide more torque going forwards then backwards. Unless naturally the terrain etc speaks against that procedure.

2:
I am a bit concerned seeing how some of the drivers resort to using a recovery strap as a improvised kinetic rope, and thus are yanking it several times. While the strap might take that punishment, it's however a failure/snap waiting to happen as its not designed for that kind of work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks