• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 M38 Recovery and Restoration

M715VFD405

Stopped by to see the jeep today I can't stand not knowing what's what. Looks like I have the right E-brake under there and the T90-1 with a tag of 4-29-1952 on it. Other then that I'll leave it up to you guys this was the best I could do the jeeps up against a fence on that side so its hard to get under for a better pic under it but I did spend some time pulling the access panel off so I could get a few shots of the top end. If there is anything else let me know. I have off tomorrow and all the time in the world. Thanks everyone!

20130527_172227.jpg20130527_174821.jpg20130527_174932.jpg20130527_174942.jpg

M715VFD405

Sweet glad to know it thanks Bill. The weather around here is suppose to be bad all week so I'm prolly not going to get much work done and I was told if I miss my wife's first doctors appointment I won't have the equipment to make another baby. I'm kinda excited to find out what we are having so I'm heading out to do that. I'll keep everyone posted on that as well. :)

M715VFD405

I had a bit of free time today and was able to get the grill sanded down all the way and into primer. I still have to take care of the headlight buckets and blinkers but it was getting late and I was out of primer. lol

20130605_162037.jpg20130605_162052.jpg

M715VFD405

OK so after cracking open the blinkers I've come to the conclusion that the jeep was buried in wet sand lol. Not really but there was sand everywhere in this Jeep and inside the blinkers cone was a mess and is not repairable is it more cost effective to find the guts or just replace the whole thing?

zout

I remember Dinger65's when I rebuilt it - I think it was parked in a creek on the RH side - just about what your describing as well - total rust and corroded out - did not give up and he drives it every weekend now. Find new blinkers instead of wasting time rebuilding them - just look for reasonable priced ones.

M715VFD405

That's what I was thinking Zout just wasn't sure which would be the better choice. I'm already going to have to replace the entire wiring harness bubba and the years have not been kind. Cheaper is better in some cases but were wires are concerned I don't plan to cut corners I guess its the ex fire fighter in me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks