• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 to be Titled in KY - what will VIN be?

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have my new M925 home from Indy. The 150 mile drive home went great. I have seen the posts about messed up SF-97s and am hoping to get it right on the first try. Per some other posts it looks like the six-letter designation (e.g. NLOABC) should not be part of the VIN. How about the - (dash), as in C525-01234? Anyone in KY title one of these recently and can confirm what the VIN will be? What is the best bet for entering the VIN on the online SF-97 form?

BTW, I reviewed with my County Clerk what GL told me about how they will provide an AZ title for transfer into KY. Sounds like everything is covered by using a combination of the AZ Title for some of the required info (e.g. odometer statement, sale price and assignment of ownership), and KY form TC 96-182 Title Application for the Sheriff's inspection. Any problems I might run into?

Thanks to all who follow this forum and provide answers...it has been a BIG help.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the tip on the frame number, CARNAC. Fortunately they match. In case anyone is looking for theirs, I found it close to the left front wheel facing outward on the frame rail. There is no dash in the number on the frame, so I suppose you do not use the dash when entering the VIN number on the online SF-97 form? Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks