• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1976 M880 VS 1977 M880 Compatibility

Psychowolff

Hey all!!

I have an M880 and looking to get another one from a friend that is a year older. I have the '77 and he has a '76. I have researched and can't really find any info about thier compatibility or Lack thereof.

Would it make a good parts/donor truck? What will Not transfer over well??

Thanks
Mike

Psychowolff

I'm looking to pull his drivetrain, rebuild/refresh it and swap it out with mine. so besides the rear hubs I can do that?

Is the dash exchangeable also? mine has the usual cracks..

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the -24P manual lists only one Number for rear axle assembly 4032949
I have seen D60 & D60HD rear axles in M880's, only difference being the housing has external ribbing on the center section.
the -24P shows 2 different housing #'s one for each year.
Didn't find anything on the hubs yet.
I have seen two different in "appearance" hubs on the M880 axles.
And have examples of both at the house.

Still checking on this..................

sherifflittle

every thing should swap if you swap complete housings, body parts,interior,and electrical (as long as they are equiped the same) will work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks