• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

932a2 Intake Stack

Can you please identify the (3) ports in the intake stack?

I'm re-routing the intake stack from the outside of the cab corner to behind the cab because I've hit several trees in narrow trails and would like to protect the cap.

I pulled the stack and air filter-to-stack pipe and noticed the center air line port is completely block with 'sludge'. Its almost like wet/oiled sawdust caked on the inside of the intake stack, filter is perfectly clean and so in the engine side.

I am obviously going to clean it prior to reinstalling but I'm curious what its for and why I haven't had issues. Unless its for the CTIS.

Photos:

DSCN1211.jpgDSCN1212.jpgDSCN1213.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They're vents from the air system. I've got my truck apart and should be able to figure out the ports pretty easily if you need them. I think one of them was a transmission vent line. (Likely where the oil is coming from)

I disconnected all three in order to remove the intake pipe and none of them where 'wet'. Seems like the "gunk" was sucked in through the stack.

I know they are intake ports or vents but I was hoping someone had a diagram or something similar. I searched the TMs a bit and wasn't able to find them. I know the one is for the air compressor supply.

jdknech

the larger hose is for sure a vent for the air brakes (mine got pluged up, and my brakes started having problems) but mine only has 2 tubes, so the 3rd one on yours is prolly for ctis.. (mine is a A1 without ctis)

acme66

I have seen fouling like that on our tractors if they are running in a dusty environment and yet still sucking water like from a light summer rain. You see it on a log landing where the dust can get thick. No moisture or mud and it dosen't form conditions have to be right. Sets up like little spikes angled downward. Sticks together well, has to be scraped or smacked off by whacking on the piping with a hammer. Might not be any oil involved at all, just mother nature. Not saying that is what this is but it sure looks the same.

-Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks