Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Maryland tags,title,registration

Thanks

Not sure on the BMY-Harsco thing. I am curious about that as well. I know AM General goes through no problems. To be used commercially it would need to be state inspected and tagged for its GVW. Don't hold me to it but I think empty weight is around 23k lbs. Add minimum of 5 tons payload and that's 33K lbs. You have to tag and register a vehicle for its weight and the weight of its load. {GVW}I would say if tagged commercially it would require a CDL. Best to call MVA. The reason I say this is, if I bought a 1984 Ford F750 and it has a GVW of 33K it would need cdl to drive it commercially. I see no difference. Interesting on an historic tagged truck, on the title and registration the GVW says N/A on all 3 of mine. But then they cannot be used commercially see below:

Right from Md code.

A vehicle registered as historic cannot be used for general daily transportation, or primarily for the transportation of passengers or property on highways. It can only be used in exhibitions, club activities, parades, tours, and similar uses. A trailer does not qualify for historic registration.
    A historic registration may also be issued to a truck with a GVWR in excess of 10,000 pounds, a tractor or a motor home as long as the vehicle is 25 calendar years old or older. The vehicle cannot be substantially altered, remodeled or remanufactured from its original design. Vehicles issued historic tags under these criteria cannot be used for occasional transportation, or for any commercial transportation of passengers or property on highways. A historic vehicle in this category must be insured by a Historic Vehicle, Show Vehicle, or Antique Vehicle insurance policy.
    Note: A Maryland Safety Inspection Certificate is not required to register this vehicle.
    1953 M37
    1961 M151
    1964 M416
    1967 M543A2 w/w's
    1970 M35A2 w/w
    1979 M813A1 w/w
    1984 M931
    [2] MEP-003A on M116A2
    [6] M105s.all late 60's [not sure why] want one?

Thanks

I finally got around to getting to the title and tags on my truck. If you're planning on going to the Glen Burnie MVA, dont bother unless you have a whole day off (weekday only) to spend inside waiting in line. I went to 12 Minute Tag and Title just down the road. My total cost for Historic Plates, Registration, Title transfer (PA title) and service charge from the company was $324. I walked out with Historic plates in hand and registration. The Title should be mailed to my home in 2 weeks.
    Tim

1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 WO/W, White LD-465-1C, 3LM
    -319 Turbo (D)

,[_I_l,
    _-o||||o-_
    ()_)¯¯ )_)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,190 Times in 5,973 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Merc1973 View Post
    I finally got around to getting to the title and tags on my truck. If you're planning on going to the Glen Burnie MVA, dont bother unless you have a whole day off (weekday only) to spend inside waiting in line. I went to 12 Minute Tag and Title just down the road. My total cost for Historic Plates, Registration, Title transfer (PA title) and service charge from the company was $324. I walked out with Historic plates in hand and registration. The Title should be mailed to my home in 2 weeks.
    That's a private business?

Doing brokering for State services?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Another Ahab View Post

Yes.

http://www.12minutetagandtitle.com/

Their service charge for everything was about $50.
    Tim

-319 Turbo (D)

,[_I_l,
    _-o||||o-_
    ()_)¯¯ )_)

Thanks

Yes.

So, if you have enough money:

- You can pay a private service to compensate for the incompetence (or call it "inconvenience") of the public service

- And if not, you are stuck (and unequal under the law).

- Or, in other words: everybody in MD is equal under the law, but (if you can afford it) some are more equal than others.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm not headed to a pretty place here); but, do I have that right?
    Last edited by Another Ahab; 02-12-2014 at 10:06.

Thanks

I'm with you 100%

I waited in the "Information" line for 1 hour and gave up. That line just gives your your ticket number so you can then wait some more....

I suppose it boils down to: "What is your time worth?"
    Tim

-319 Turbo (D)

,[_I_l,
    _-o||||o-_
    ()_)¯¯ )_)

Thanks

I'm with you 100%

I waited in the "Information" line for 1 hour and gave up. That line just gives your your ticket number so you can then wait some more....

I suppose it boils down to: "What is your time worth?"
    Or:

- If you have enough cash, you can BUY better government than your neighbor gets.

Something about this doesn't strike me as the kind of thing that would thrill Thomas Jefferson.

(but take me here with a grain of salt; I'm a Virginian, and the OP is about Maryland).
    Last edited by Another Ahab; 02-12-2014 at 10:09.

Thanks

Congratulations on the title and tags. Yeh the Glen Burnie MVA is a joke at best but then again it is the HQ for the finest gooberment employees money can buy.
    Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world

Bob
    KC3BKG

1971 M35A2
    1991 M105A2
    MEP-018 10K Gas Genny
    MEP-003 10K Diesel Genny

Thanks

Yes.

If that $50 fee went back into the State Treasury, that might be argued as reasonable (maybe).

But if that $50 fee is just lining the pocket of a private business, then….then I'm just going WAY off OP, here!

So, hush my mouth.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,787 Times in 2,745 Posts

If that $50 fee went back into the State Treasury, that might be argued as reasonable (maybe).

But if that $50 fee is just lining the pocket of a private business, then….then I'm just going WAY off OP, here!

So, hush my mouth.
    Private businesses have overhead and their employees do not get paid by the state .

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast