• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Jimmy's (awaiting restoration )

25 pounder

The car park consists out of 3 hard cab's -1 of them with the symetrical front grill(no black-out light) , and 3 canvas cabbed trucks , of which 1 of them is a work shop , with folding down sidepanels to be used as workbenches , labeled as mechanical repair truck , produced by the Schnabel company , this truck still has its original shipping plate , work benches at the interior, heating element(on gasoline) , front bumper stabilisation equipment , ....., but needs some work to get it back on the road ,
Enjoy the photos !

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's awesome. I love CCKW's and I've never seen a service body like that. It took me a few seconds of looking at the front bumper to realize what was there.

zout

Boy you sure have a lot of fuel cans on that shelf behind the truck :naner:

Body appears to be in pretty good shape - keep your project pics coming.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an excellent starting point with straight metal and limited rust.

Do you have more info or images about the service bed? What BII did it have?

Rick

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've got quite a collection! You have a very good platform to start with in restoring the repair truck. It looks like minimal rust and damage. That should make a very good restoration project with the result of a very rare CCKW. Keep us posted on the progress, along with many photos.

25 pounder

Hi , Fuel cans are very common around here , American , British or German cans , you'll find them at every farm or factory. I only bought some when starting my collection , all the rest were given to me by people who knew I was collecting them. Last year , about 30 cans were brought in by a construction builder , in a cellar there was a pile of cans , the best were given to me , all American cans.
I think I've got about 70-80 cans now , various models and makes. Still looking for some more , lucky to have a big shed on my yard.

25 pounder

That's awesome. I love CCKW's and I've never seen a service body like that. It took me a few seconds of looking at the front bumper to realize what was there.
The front bumper on that Jimmy is something special , left & right a stabilizing jack , and left & right of the winch there are 2 studs which holds the tubular poles for hoisting facilitys , the fuel tank is a special model as wel , filler tube after the back cab panel. Battery box is cut out (original) in the right side step. There are few other modifications on workshop trucks.

25 pounder

Looks like an excellent starting point with straight metal and limited rust.

Do you have more info or images about the service bed? What BII did it have?

Rick
Oh yes it is , cab needs some attention , as does the floor (they usually do , but for the rest , a very complete truck , not to mention about the tools and equipment , that's always disapeared

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks