• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Winch Install

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is another view of mine, with the old winch, with the bars removed. I made a fairlead Mount out of 1/2” steel welded to the bumper, as I don’t want the winch body to take all the brunt of the force of the fairlead. My preference, not saying it’s right or wrong or even necessary.

With the bars removed, there is easier access to the shackles on top of the bumper.
E5C7DB35-02E6-4237-A697-81B5750E7DA9.jpg

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have thought of that too. Many ideas swimming around in this head of mine.

I am still not pleased with how it’s attached. I am going to weld 1/2” plates to the top of the new bumper that overlap the existing bumper and bolt to the two outer bumper bolts, just outside of where the shackles are. That way the entire top is reinforced by pulling on those four bolts as well as the other mounting bolts.

The bumper itself is attached to the stock bumper by bolts. I could weld it on, and be done with it, but I have a habit of changing my mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks