• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing our air compressor

clmajak

Anyone ever changed out the air compressor on the Cummins to a larger twin cylinder? This is on my M916. The application we intend to use this for could use more CFM.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will bump this with some information.

Twin cylinders are a pain and require some modifications.

Stock compressor puts out 13.2cfm on the SS296. Cost is around $300 - $400 for a new unit. (Part # 3018543X)

A Wabco Unit for the Cummins L/K/N engines is rated for 18.2cfm and is around $600-$800 for a new unit. So it is some more air for you. ( part #s 9111535200X and 9111535207X

I have only seen 1 or 2 of the Bendix Tru Flo 500 twin compressors for the 855s.

Haldex info : https://www.haldex.com/globalassets/north-america/documents/compressors/l00118.pdf

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cummins actually offers a 30 cfm unit, ST676 Holset compressor. When installed, the engine will need different fuel lines from the pump to the heads and return lines as well as the coolant plumbing and discharge plumbing, that goes from 1/2 inch to a #16 hose, any smaller and it restricts the flow and causes compressor premature failures. You will NEED to install the big azz support bracket or the accessory drive and gear cover will fail. I have rebuilt many of these, the work well as long as the are used for their intended purpose and not for just running brake systems. If not used heavily, they turn into giant oil pumps.

https://www.haldex.com/en/na/compre...factured/cumminsholset-model-st676-/3048680x/

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Cummins actually offers a 30 cfm unit, ST676 Holset compressor. When installed, the engine will need different fuel lines from the pump to the heads and return lines as well as the coolant plumbing and discharge plumbing, that goes from 1/2 inch to a #16 hose, any smaller and it restricts the flow and causes compressor premature failures. You will NEED to install the big azz support bracket or the accessory drive and gear cover will fail. I have rebuilt many of these, the work well as long as the are used for their intended purpose and not for just running brake systems. If not used heavily, they turn into giant oil pumps.

https://www.haldex.com/en/na/compre...factured/cumminsholset-model-st676-/3048680x/
And for the price might as well opt for a whole motor!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks