• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PEASHOOTER's M109A3 CAMPER Build Thread

215Dave

Very very impressive! Immaculate workmanship! Thank you for the many pics. You have given me ideas and much needed motivation. And yes, where do you find all the time? :-D Great work!

peashooter

Very very impressive! Immaculate workmanship! Thank you for the many pics. You have given me ideas and much needed motivation. And yes, where do you find all the time? :-D Great work!
Doing the interior of the box was nice since I could work on it at night with lights after my family was asleep:) But unfortunately some of the other "daylight time" gets stolen from more important things on occasion, so after the thread gets updated then I'm done for the year on big projects with this thing. We do have many more family camping trips planned this summer so unless something major breaks, then I won't be putting too much time into working on it anymore.
Next year I'm going to do the brakes (new cylinders, rebuild the air packs, and replace the lines) but I think the big projects are finally a thing of the past.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful work and craftsmanship. I'm trying just to find time to install the reverse light switch mod.
JC

zout

but I think the big projects are finally a thing of the past.

Peashooter - hate to tell you this but you just jinxed yourself - you are now destined for larger and more elaborate projects.
Just went through and read your whole thread and checked out the great array of pictures of your craftmenship - absolutely great job building it. 109 box projects around here show the likes and dislikes of everyone - but they are all good. It just shows what each of us are willing to tolerate for a "living quarters" when we go camping.

Thanks for the thread of your build.

peashooter

but I think the big projects are finally a thing of the past.

Peashooter - hate to tell you this but you just jinxed yourself - you are now destined for larger and more elaborate projects.
Just went through and read your whole thread and checked out the great array of pictures of your craftmenship - absolutely great job building it. 109 box projects around here show the likes and dislikes of everyone - but they are all good. It just shows what each of us are willing to tolerate for a "living quarters" when we go camping.

Thanks for the thread of your build.

Thanks Zout, I have only gotten to see a few pictures here and there of your 109 Build, but never the whole thing. I thought I remember reading that you removed your build thread? Am I correct or more likely just not using the search correctly?

HanksDeuce

Wow. Just wow!

Lots of inspiration here for future work on my deuce. Thanks for the ideas. Keep updating this thread with all of your future modifications. I can't wait to see what you do next!

peashooter

I think I have all the original posts now updated with both pictures and write ups. I'll continue to put up new posts of progress as I make it. Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

w3azel

Wow, what a great build. I love your ideas for maximizing space on the bumper and such and from the outside the truck looks very professional and tactically capable. Then the inside blows me away on how nice and civil it looks. Its like something you see at a RV boat show. You may be getting an angry phone call from my wife in the future when she finds out I bought a M109 to build like yours.

peashooter

Awesome build. I will be stealing many ideas for mine. :naner:

odd question for you: Where did you get the couch? (it would be about perfect for my build)
I wouldn't consider it an odd question because I searched for months for it. As soon as one would pop up on craigslist, it would sell in an hour or 2, and I wasnt fast enough. Its an Ikea couch I got off of craigslist, its called a "Fagelbo" which is an older version of the "MANSTAD". The Fagelbo fits perfectly (and tightly). The manstad is a few inches wider and would need to have the arm rests trimmed in order to fit. Someone else asked me about the couch yesterday as well, they apparently dont make the Manstad now either, its been replaced by the "FRIHETEN". Even used these silly things go for quite a bit. I bought a used manstad from craigslist but didnt really like the color and then the older "fagelbo" popped up on craigslist so I bought that too. I even made enough of a profit on the first sofa to pay for the second!

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A W E S O M E Build!! I LOVE IT!!! :-D I am impressed with the quality of your workmanship and the way you explained every detail and every problem, and how you resolved it. I'm quite sure your adventure will assist many that are planning on converting their M109 to a camper. I admire ALL of your skills. [thumbzup]

I also love the way your M109 looks with the MRAP wheels. Do they affect your top speed at all? Does the extra weight of each wheel make any differences with the way the truck stops/handles?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks