• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jack's Government Surplus

man2112

Hey all,

I just got back from another trip to Jack's today. Every time i go, it is a great experience. He has an AWESOME yard, and if he doesn't have it, the military never made it. He is down in Tucson, AZ right next to Davis Monthan AFB. He doesn't have a website, but you can find his phone number with a simple google search. His prices are awesome, and he loves when people come by to just talk military vehicles with him. If you're ever in the area, it is certainly worth the trip. I would recommend Jack to anyone.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was there a couple of days ago as I was passing through Tucson. Caught his interest by pulling up in the M915.
He is a super nice guy, and loves to talk, and since I also am blabby, we got along fine. Going to have to go back for a more serious visit, he has a lot of restorable vehicles in there.

By the way, I do not recommend making a 2000 mile trip across the American Southwest in an un-airconditioned M915 in the summertime. That was a HOT trip! :shock:

Cheers

Remm

Just moved to Tucson last fall - Anyone know if Jack sells complete vehicles? Finally getting ready to pull the trigger on deuce, if the price is right...
Jack does sell complete trucks and will modify to suit your needs, not sure about a bob job , but will change out parts, beds, tires etc.

man2112

Just moved to Tucson last fall - Anyone know if Jack sells complete vehicles? Finally getting ready to pull the trigger on deuce, if the price is right...
Jack will eventually sell anything to you, but you need to get to know him first. At first, he is a little reluctant to sell things, but the more you stop by and the more you talk military vehicles with him, you will soon find that his entire inventory is open to you.

Also, he really likes trades. So if you start on a bobbing project, alot of the parts you take off he will accept in trade for parts you need.

be prepared whenever you go down there, and plan on spending the entire day there. He has more military items then you could ever imagine.

and one final word, if you plan on spending a lot of time there, he seems to prefer if you give him a courtesy call so he can plan on having you come by.

good luck, and enjoy your visit! Jack Martin really is a great guy.

Last edited:

Remm

Jack just picked up a couple A3's last month I'm not sure if he has them at his yard yet but he sure has a slug of older trucks and quite a few 5 tons

Finally made it out to Jack's today - This place should be a historical landmark! It's like the library of Alexandria, except with military vehicles instead of books. There are more possible projects there than any one person can dream up. Awesome guy & worth the trip.

Toploader

Ill be close by on a road trip soon, I want to check it out for sure. Hope he has some old deuce cabs or m37 cabs/parts??? something that could use a new home. No trailer but I'll stack my bed like those trucks you see heading to Mexico!

man2112

Ill be close by on a road trip soon, I want to check it out for sure. Hope he has some old deuce cabs or m37 cabs/parts??? something that could use a new home. No trailer but I'll stack my bed like those trucks you see heading to Mexico!
He certainly does! He makes a point to have at least 1 of every model of military vehicle. Usually he keeps a minimum of about 20 of each military vehicle. As for deuce and a halfs, he has hundreds
of them.

Jack has several yards full of trucks around the area, and he will be glad to show you them all. One of his yards consists of several acres of exclusively m35 variants, packed together like sardines. As for m35 parts, his main yard is scattered with hundreds of engines, transmissions, rear-ends, beds, anything really.

If you are going to visit him, please give him a call ahead of time. (520) 574-0300 is his phone number. If he knows that a fellow MV enthusiast is coming he will be better prepared to be able to spend the entire day with you shooting the breeze and talking OD green. Also, if you are looking for a specific part he likes having a head start so that he can pull it before you arrive.

Additionally, if you have anything that you want to trade, bring it with you. I have found that Jack actually likes trades.

Finally, like I have mentioned before, don't beat him up on his prices, atleast when you first meet him. His is a great guy, but he also knows the value of his things and doesn't like being lowballed. At first he may be hesitant to sell just anything to someone that he doesn't know.

That being said, the more you deal with him, the more he will open up with you. Repeat customers end up getting better deals, and the more things you buy from him (and the more he sees that you are serious about MVs) the more he will be willing to sell you. I have gotten to the point where he would sell me anything in his yard if I want to buy it.

Anyhow, have a great day, and a great time at Jack's! It truly is a military vehicle playground and I promise you'll love it.

Toploader

I will call him for sure before the trip, thank you for his number! I'm definitely not the "American Picker" type, and I have a ton of respect for guys like him who know what they have and what its worth to them.
If it all works out, I will report back with pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks