Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jack's Government Surplus

Thanks

Jack just picked up a couple A3's last month I'm not sure if he has them at his yard yet but he sure has a slug of older trucks and quite a few 5 tons

Thanks

Wow! Wish I had something like this near me. Looks like candyland.
    1969 Jeep/Kaiser M35A2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swindad2 View Post
    Wow! Wish I had something like this near me. Looks like candyland.
    oh, but it is.
    1993 AM General M35A3(sold)
    1970 AM General M35A2 (sold)
    M105 trailer (turned in to M35A3 bed)
    M151A2 (sold)

Thanks

Finally made it out to Jack's today - This place should be a historical landmark! It's like the library of Alexandria, except with military vehicles instead of books. There are more possible projects there than any one person can dream up. Awesome guy & worth the trip.

Corporal
    Thanks

Ill be close by on a road trip soon, I want to check it out for sure. Hope he has some old deuce cabs or m37 cabs/parts??? something that could use a new home. No trailer but I'll stack my bed like those trucks you see heading to Mexico!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toploader View Post
    Ill be close by on a road trip soon, I want to check it out for sure. Hope he has some old deuce cabs or m37 cabs/parts??? something that could use a new home. No trailer but I'll stack my bed like those trucks you see heading to Mexico!
    He certainly does! He makes a point to have at least 1 of every model of military vehicle. Usually he keeps a minimum of about 20 of each military vehicle. As for deuce and a halfs, he has hundreds
    of them.

Jack has several yards full of trucks around the area, and he will be glad to show you them all. One of his yards consists of several acres of exclusively m35 variants, packed together like sardines. As for m35 parts, his main yard is scattered with hundreds of engines, transmissions, rear-ends, beds, anything really.

If you are going to visit him, please give him a call ahead of time. (520) 574-0300 is his phone number. If he knows that a fellow MV enthusiast is coming he will be better prepared to be able to spend the entire day with you shooting the breeze and talking OD green. Also, if you are looking for a specific part he likes having a head start so that he can pull it before you arrive.

Additionally, if you have anything that you want to trade, bring it with you. I have found that Jack actually likes trades.

Finally, like I have mentioned before, don't beat him up on his prices, atleast when you first meet him. His is a great guy, but he also knows the value of his things and doesn't like being lowballed. At first he may be hesitant to sell just anything to someone that he doesn't know.

That being said, the more you deal with him, the more he will open up with you. Repeat customers end up getting better deals, and the more things you buy from him (and the more he sees that you are serious about MVs) the more he will be willing to sell you. I have gotten to the point where he would sell me anything in his yard if I want to buy it.

Anyhow, have a great day, and a great time at Jack's! It truly is a military vehicle playground and I promise you'll love it.
    1993 AM General M35A3(sold)
    1970 AM General M35A2 (sold)
    M105 trailer (turned in to M35A3 bed)
    M151A2 (sold)

Corporal
    Thanks

I will call him for sure before the trip, thank you for his number! I'm definitely not the "American Picker" type, and I have a ton of respect for guys like him who know what they have and what its worth to them.
    If it all works out, I will report back with pics.

Private
    Thanks

Hi, Trying to locate a inside fuel tank fuel pump on a M35-A3, multi-fuel. I believe it was built in 1988. Thanks, delta93ej.

Thanks

I shouldn't have looked at this thread at bedtime. Will never get to sleep now!
    W0YX Commercial TCM
    1969 M35A2 Kaiser w/w
    MEP-016C
    FL 1954 HD restored

Dept. Of the Navy recognize that historically American Indians have the highest record of service per capita when compared to other ethnic groups. Department of the Navy, Naval Historical Center.

Thanks

I will haft to call and maybe stump him with a request for parts for my M756A2 and M34.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast