• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Antonio, TX Monthly MV get together!!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would be great to meet you. Going to try and do more going forward now that my unit is starting to get new personnel in, freeing me up to do more fun stuff.

We are going to try and get some more stuff going, more often.

Well, going to have to pull the plug on the 6th, just found out about a living history event that I always miss due to work is that same day. Maybe you can make it down for that? I am going to try and get the meets back up and running. Do Saturdays or Sundays work better for you?
Thanks for asking.
For me, weekends are better than weekdays. BUT, since I work in deathcare, I never really know my schedule and duty may call at a moment's notice.
So, y'all go ahead and schedule what works for you and if I am available and can we might just surprise you with a cameo appearance!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd go for a Sunday rather than Saturday, because most MV events we attend are on Saturdays, so less likely to conflict (as in this case).

Cheers

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for asking.
For me, weekends are better than weekdays. BUT, since I work in deathcare, I never really know my schedule and duty may call at a moment's notice.
So, y'all go ahead and schedule what works for you and if I am available and can we might just surprise you with a cameo appearance!
John, I thought about doing what you do but I don't think I have the patience. I'd have some overly emotional person and probably would provide a less than soothing reaction.

But it sure is nice to have a job where everyone is dying to see you.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, I thought about doing what you do but I don't think I have the patience. I'd have some overly emotional person and probably would provide a less than soothing reaction.

But it sure is nice to have a job where everyone is dying to see you.
While most folks immediately think I'm a mortician, I actually "don't do dead bodies." My primary function is PRE-ARRANGING funeral/cremation services. But often times, when family members are in town for a weekend visit I must be flexible enough to meet with them on their terms. This is especially true when mom or dad it going into a nursing home and will need to apply for Medicaid to help with those costs. Money put into a pre-arrangement contract can be made "irrevocable" and therefore Uncle Sam becomes blind to it as "available cash". And, in many cases, folks are scrambling to meet application deadlines (no pun intended) to qualify for that assistance.

So, in short, I talk to the living, not hang out with the dead. I guess you can say I hang out with the FUTURE DEAD..... YUP, everyone fits into that category, don't they? If you're still vertical and breathing and haven't yet pre-arranged, then you're a good prospect for me to visit with. Once you "check out" then you're in the hands of the funeral directors.

I'm always "on call" but that is by my own personal choice. It's a ministry of sorts.

Work has finally started to slow down so I want to start getting togther for lunch and eventually shows and parades again. I know Sunday September 1st is during Labor day weekend but want to get this show back on the road. That being said if anybody can make it:

1300, 01SEP19
Jim's Restaurant
7000 North Loop 1604 W
SATX

Let me know if you can make it. Families are always welcome of course and if you can't bring your MV come on down anyways.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in for this, before one of the gate posts gave way last night and the gate fell over. I found it first and did an expedient fix, but now the bull is lurking around going "Does this mean I can go over there? I'd swear the neighbour's grass is greener! Huh, huh?"
So, I'll be setting gate today. instead.
Y'all have fun!

Cheers

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in for this, before one of the gate posts gave way last night and the gate fell over. I found it first and did an expedient fix, but now the bull is lurking around going "Does this mean I can go over there? I'd swear the neighbour's grass is greener! Huh, huh?"
So, I'll be setting gate today. instead.
Y'all have fun!

Cheers
No BULL ! ! !

That could be a serious matter should that beef go on the lamb (lam).

I thought you didn't favor "gated communities" and HOA's. I musta been mistooken.

Hope you've corralled your beef stock and your broth(el) will remain happy with is stud service.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought you didn't favor "gated communities" and HOA's. I musta been mistooken.
John, I've got nothing against gates, particularly if it's my gate. ;)

And as regards HOA, my HOA consists of me, and it is a dictatorship, though a benevolent one. I insist that all occupants have MVs, at least one of which is to be ugly, and may or may not run. If that one gets fixed up, a new 'project vehicle' is to be acquired forthwith.
Grass is to be mown whenever the bull, his companions, and the deer choose to do so.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks