• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MOG body work

bchauvette

The MOG took a hit on the left side sometimes in her (him, it) life. The left rear fender and step was bent. Pretty much all I the stuff I used to straighten the fender came from the M944 and trailer. The square tube is from the laundry trailer roll bar. The hydraulic porta power came from the M944. The rectangular blocks and rod in the front are the hold down hardware that held the lathe in place in the M944. The threaded rod used in back is part of the kit I made up to remove and install the pins holding the backhoe to the MOG. At first I chained the back end of the square tube to the frame. This didn’t work so well so I used the block threaded rod method. The step was straightened by taking it off and beating the crap out of it on a piece of railroad track. You gota love it. Next the left front fender.

BELinNC

Nice SEE! How difficult was it to remove the backhoe and loader? The front end loader doesn't look too difficult, but the back hoe looks like a big job. Have you driven it much without the implements? I am starting to clear a part of my property to put a pad for storage of the implements when not on my SEE. I hope they go on and off without too much trouble. I see you also took off your FOPS structure. I am thinking about that as well. It looks like the remaining uprights will still serve as a good roll bar.BELinNC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks