• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmminphx

Good morning guys.. I am new to Steelsoldier but not new to Gov. equipment. I am having trouble with a MEP002A generator. When I bought it, it was new, only 3 hours on it. and now it has only 104 hours on it. The trouble I am having is that when I turn the master switch to AUX Fuel or Prime Run niether fuel pumps come on. If I turn it to start it will start and run all day.
I checked the voltage at the fuel pumps and all I get it 1.4 volts DC. (Know that Im writing this I realize I should have checked voltage when it was running) I went back to the switch and checked voltage at termal 14on the master switch and got the same 1.4 VDC. So I tryed to jump the switch from termal 12 to 14 and the unit cranked over, but no pumps. At this point I noticed that the Batt. indicator is pegged to the left, and when I turn the MS on the needle moves more to the left, when the unit runs it jumps all over the place. Any ideas where to start looking for the trouble.....
Dave.

Dmminphx

Good morning guys.. I am new to Steelsoldier but not new to Gov. equipment. I am having trouble with a MEP002A generator. When I bought it, it was new, only 3 hours on it. and now it has only 104 hours on it. The trouble I am having is that when I turn the master switch to AUX Fuel or Prime Run niether fuel pumps come on. If I turn it to start it will start and run all day.
I checked the voltage at the fuel pumps and all I get it 1.4 volts DC. (Know that Im writing this I realize I should have checked voltage when it was running) I went back to the switch and checked voltage at termal 14 on the master switch and got the same 1.4 VDC. So I tryed to jump the switch from termal 12 to 14 and the unit cranked over, but no pumps. At this point I noticed that the Batt. indicator is pegged to the left, and when I turn the MS on the needle moves more to the left, when the unit runs it jumps all over the place. Any ideas where to start looking for the trouble.....
Dave.
UPDATE: After checking the pumps I found tha if I disconnect all three pumps I get 24 VDC at the plug, If I hook up any one of the pumps the voltage drops to 1.4 VDC. Could I have three bad pumps????

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If any one pump pulls the voltage down to 1.4 volts but you have the proper voltage with them disconnected, I would first suspect a bad contact in the master switch.

Also, you'll get much better results with your questions and inquiries if you post them in the proper sections of the forum. For example, you posted this in the "South Western US Chapter" section. Just because you are from AZ doesn't mean this is where you have to post your questions. If you had a question about a deuce, you would of course want to post it in the "deuce" section of the forum. Or for a 5 ton, then the "5 ton" section. The generators fall into the "Auxiliary Equipment" section of the forum and your post would have gotten many more views and responses had it been placed there in the first place. I will move it there for you right now, but please keep that in mind for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks