• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT 90 FIELD KITCHEN finds a Sucker to take her home!!!!

oldgoatfarmer1361

My luck as well

I know I have a burner it is buried under junk I mean treasure and I know I have the oven which the gasoline burner fits under I will dig it out soon. I am looking for a box of Depot Level TM I have for the 900 series trucks. I really need to find them as I am trying to locate the neutral safety switch and anything else that might be causing the locked transmission on the truck I am buying.

The truck I am buying is stuck in first gear and I am trying to rule out all I can before I pay the Allison dealer to make a house call. I am lucky they are about 20 miles away so a service call will not be that bad any ideas? The truck I am getting is a 1991 M923A2 long wheel base that I want to actually use hauling firewood this fall from my farm. Any ideas from anyone working on a tranny please chime in.

When I get everything out I will shoot you a PM. I even have the metal base that holds the pot in the oven. Adios

61sleepercab

I finally opened up the MKt field kitchen trailer and lowered the gangways and raised the roof. I have a power convertor and power cords for MBU s , no pans no burners and no waspers. The kitchen has been used as yellow clay mud was on the gangways and a couple drawers of spices and small hand tools were present. I found the summer tent sides in the ice box and may be the solid tent sides.
DO NOT HAVE A COW i HAVE PICTURES AS SOON AS i FIND MY CAMERA/COMPUTER CORD!!!!!!
I was surprised how well made the cabinets were made and the fact that the cords and converter was there. I am going to air out the unit and document what is there. Bid on some parts trailers but too rich for my blood. Mark

61sleepercab

I needed to update my thread. I lucked out with Gov liquidation and ebay and ended up with two brand new complete ovens with pans and utensils included. I have to fuel up some MBUs and try out my power supply. I am going to power up the unit and see what happens. Mark

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 and a half years and still no camera cord, time to buy a new one!
Or figure out how to upload from the phone :)

I have to say I enjoyed my MKTs. Unfortunately too much physical effort for my old, retread body to handle. Fun while they're set up just not so much when setting/cleaning up solo.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark,
That's what I've found too! About 3-4 hours to either open up or close up both of mine by myself, and that is with the side panels stowed. Makes for a long day. Goes faster with a crew of 6-10 at the GA Rally, esp. when a few have done it before.

61sleepercab

You all do not get your nickers in a twist over pictures. I took some with a cheap digital camera which come out like some of those famous blurry D Day photos whch were no good. I was the care giver of my 82 mother until her death and MKT photos took a back seat to life. I got new cell phone and will open trailer again and share pictures. Progress has been slow on the home front. Mark

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You all do not get your nickers in a twist over pictures. I took some with a cheap digital camera which come out like some of those famous blurry D Day photos whch were no good. I was the care giver of my 82 mother until her death and MKT photos took a back seat to life. I got new cell phone and will open trailer again and share pictures. Progress has been slow on the home front. Mark

You are right! Life does happen. Glad you took care of her, THAT is a wondrous thing to do!! Have thought of the Field kitchen, but like MANY here have said, quite the work load to set up and stow away. We are looking forward to the pictures when they arrive! Congrats on the new cell phone, mine does almost everything EXCEPT cook........LOL

cwo5davis

We just bought an MKT-90 and I've been puttering around with it for days. It has the four burner modules and they all work on diesel with one of them taking a lot of coaxing to get moving. It has the usual array of coolers, stock pots, roasting pans, water cans, food containers and two Lister bags. Haven't seen one of those in decades. It doesn't have the light set, rubber matting or fire extinguisher. Not a clue what we're going to do with it but it sure is neat.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just bought an MKT-90 and I've been puttering around with it for days. It has the four burner modules and they all work on diesel with one of them taking a lot of coaxing to get moving. It has the usual array of coolers, stock pots, roasting pans, water cans, food containers and two Lister bags. Haven't seen one of those in decades. It doesn't have the light set, rubber matting or fire extinguisher. Not a clue what we're going to do with it but it sure is neat.
Per the TM, to start an MBU, you may hold the start button in for up to 30 seconds before releasing. If it does not stay going and gives an error, press the stop button, wait 10-15 seconds and try again. After four successive tries, replace the unit and put it aside for maintenance. I got rid of my Lister bags in part because I have an M-149 Water Buffalo. A commercial 10 pound ABC fire extinguisher is what the military uses. I don't use the GI rubber matting, opting to use a thick red rubber mat that is interlocking 3 foot squares - much easier on the cooks feet, and the diners are able to use the diamond plate so they don't slip on the outer walkway. Before I got the GI lights, I used some outdoor florescent light sets zip tied to the roof struts. HTH. I still have the MKT-Thumb Drive data available and just mailed a USB drive to Markv in Tenn. yesterday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks