• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LSSV: 2005 Chevy Crew Cab, Fl to VA and back.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two batteries on the passenger side are for the 12v system. They are wired parallel. The driver side battery is for the 24v system. Wired in series with the other engine battery.

Also the alternator in the middle(passenger) of the engine is 24v.

Starter is also 24v.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like someone left the hood up...................................for a year. Like Joe said, looks a little rough around the edges but overall, it's a boss looking truck.

o1951

I see the key.
I see Air Conditioning!
Someone had trouble with the Driver window - looks like it could be a power window?
At least they left the door inside cover on the back seat.
Looks like it might not take too much to get the engine running.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No power windows :-(

The newer GM vehicles use cable system to raise and lower the windows. The plastic connectors on the cables break and cause headaches.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you will have the truck up and running tomorrow. That's great news..... :mrgreen:

o1951

No power windows :-( Good - less chit to break. Electricals on them are a .... when they get old.

The newer GM vehicles use cable system to raise and lower the windows. The plastic connectors on the cables break and cause headaches.
They sell the whole thing - bracket, pulleys with cables installed for a very reasonable price.

Stonepicker1

I installed two new batteries and turn the key to on....looks good so far.

Turn the key to start....it started right up and I shut it right off because it was drained of fluids.

So, it is looking good right now. :-D

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is some great news Phil. Do you have it at the house or the farm? Fluids, fuel tank and bingo. Looks like a diamond in the rough!

Stonepicker1

That is some great news Phil. Do you have it at the house or the farm? Fluids, fuel tank and bingo. Looks like a diamond in the rough!
It's up in the storage barn. I'll be Patrick AFB all next week. Won't be able to work on any of my toys. GA rally is right around the corner. A lot to get done before the road trip starts.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fleabay has the window regulators for about $35 with free shipping. Autozone wants $65.

Stonepicker1

I just submitted my request for the SF97 with GL today.:mrgreen:

I stopped at the storage barn on the way back from Patrick AFB to see if I could get the truck started. One of the new batteries that I installed last week was completely dead. Looks like you have to switch the batteries off so they don't go dead.

I charged the two batteries that came with the truck (they looked new) and they both are now fully charged and passed the load test.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks