• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LSSV: 2005 Chevy Crew Cab, Fl to VA and back.

Stonepicker1

Update: I stopped by my storage place today to pay the landlady the rent payment.

I put two, fully charged batteries in the LSSV and turned the key....It started right up and all the gages work...best part is the mileage showed 18,700 :grin: and the engine sounded great.

Stonepicker1

Did you install the new tank and fuel pump?
Not yet, I think I burned all the fuel out of the filter though. I tried to restart it after I shut it off and it wouldn't start. I need to find some bolts for the fuel tank mounting straps. I have a new filter assembly on its way also.
Kenny got me thinking about taking the LSSV to the GA rally......I could work on it there.

rednckii

I remember driving this truck was alpha company's A6 truck and yard crew. Before you go to far with It I would change all fluids and check all the bearings can't tell you how many times this thing was stuck on the beach or in the surf. Originally came from acb2 little creek Virginia our mechs ordered the lift and tires so would be practical on beach sand. Think eastern offroad actually installed the lift. With all the being said hope it works out for ya I know when I was there that truck was used and abused something about giving a lifted truck to Seabees and thinking everything will be ok lol.

Stonepicker1

I remember driving this truck was alpha company's A6 truck and yard crew. Before you go to far with It I would change all fluids and check all the bearings can't tell you how many times this thing was stuck on the beach or in the surf. Originally came from acb2 little creek Virginia our mechs ordered the lift and tires so would be practical on beach sand. Think eastern offroad actually installed the lift. With all the being said hope it works out for ya I know when I was there that truck was used and abused something about giving a lifted truck to Seabees and thinking everything will be ok lol.
Thanks for the info.

Stonepicker1

So, did you take this to the Ga rally? Air conditioning! I could get into one of these. My old bones are liking comfort these days!
I traveled light this year. Just took the CUCV-II Crew Cab. And yes it had nice cold AC. Avg speed was around 70 mph.
I hope to be able to work on the LSSV next weekend.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You lucky dog. Only 18K on the odometer.

Glad to hear it running.

Stonepicker1

You lucky dog. Only 18K on the odometer.

Glad to hear it running.
Thanks....After I fill the Rad with water, I will fill the transmission with fluid and hook the drive shafts back up. I will see if it will move. I still have it up on the trailer for now.
I was missing 10 fuse's, so now all the lights/radio works. I still need to see why the blower fan did not come on when I turned the AC on. No air coming out of the vents at all.

harleyhouse

When you get the window regulator " Grease the **** out of the sliders and the tracks.
I have replaced two on my 2002 Sierra 2500HD Crew. I take the door pannels off every spring and great the tracks.
The cable window regulators are a terrible design.

Neat looking truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know what sucks about owning your truck? Once it's road worthy, you can't drive it home without detriment to the household tranquility.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks