• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New rubber for dogbone

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the procedure for replacing the rubber in the dogbone
on an M54A2, and how complicated is it? Is it just a matter of
getting a rubber insert and pressing it together. The one I have looks
like it was some sort of hot/liquid process, but maybe that was just the original factory process.

And yes, I used the new search but didn't find anything that made
sense to me.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
Thanks,
Bruce

Ajax MD

I found the process for inspecting the dogbone bushings/bearings in the TM.
One question- Can the wheel be on the ground when performing this test, or does the axle end need to be on a jack stand?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It can be on the ground. If the truck has been sitting then they will fail the test. The rubber gets very frail. Just weld the safety plate to them. Or replace them one bone at a time as you can afford them. The non usage of rubber is worse than every day use

Ajax MD

It can be on the ground. If the truck has been sitting then they will fail the test. The rubber gets very frail. Just weld the safety plate to them. Or replace them one bone at a time as you can afford them. The non usage of rubber is worse than every day use
Yeah, looking at the costs of the "new and improved" part, I would likely have to do them in pairs.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The new heavy duty version from eriks? I wore 2 of them out in 6 months. I am not impressed with them as I have 3 dog bones with the heavy duty version and 3 with the rubber inserts the rubber has been in longer and holds up just fine as long as it is used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsmTGo6cOo4

Ajax MD

The way I intend to use the truck, the rubber, OEM version should be fine. I'm not a commercial hauler, nor am I an extreme off-roader.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The way I intend to use the truck, the rubber, OEM version should be fine. I'm not a commercial hauler, nor am I an extreme off-roader.

There are some bad batches of inserts though. Stay away from any of the NewStar versions they were known to fail in minutes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks