• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 conversion to M35a3 dual circuit brake system

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what all parts do I need and where can I get them
The main part that stops doing this is the dual circuit master cylinder mount , they are non existent . There have been
several members that have looked into having them reproduced , but haven't found a economical way to do it. I think if search member Peashooter"s threads he may have a thread on everything that's need.
[h=2][/h][h=2][/h][h=2][/h]

russojap

I was reading another thread about this brake shoe causing the brakes to fail, never would have expected that.bentshoe_174.jpg

How economical are they wanting the dual circuit mounts to be $19.95? I would gladly pay at least $200 for one. If enough people show interest in one can a manufacturer be found to make a run of them?
It is a little complex looking ,but I can't believe it would be that hard to replicate, it's not a pyramid or something, just a bracket.I
Who made the original ones?
large (1).JPGlarge.JPG

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was reading another thread about this brake shoe causing the brakes to fail, never would have expected that.View attachment 740664

How economical are they wanting the dual circuit mounts to be $19.95? I would gladly pay at least $200 for one. If enough people show interest in one can a manufacturer be found to make a run of them?
It is a little complex looking ,but I can't believe it would be that hard to replicate, it's not a pyramid or something, just a bracket.I
Who made the original ones?
View attachment 740668View attachment 740670

Starting here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ering-Thread&p=2068376&viewfull=1#post2068376

I tried to bring them to market. I do not believe they are economical to bring to market. $200? Even if I made them in mad volume it would have been multitudes more than this.

When I was unable through my efforts, Peashooter and I made the drawings available for free to the public to see if someone else, perhaps someone who works in manufacturing could make them. We weren't even trying to make anything off them, we just wanted them available to people. So far, lots of talk, no prototypes.

I believe at this point that unless you get lucky and find a complete kit, you should just make sure your single circuit system is safe and new. New brake lines, new rubber hoses (I've had more steel brake lines pinhole than I have rubber hoses fail), new or rebuilt airpack, new master, new or rebuilt wheel cylinders, etc.

If your hung up on a dual circuit system, buy a factory dual circuit truck.

EDIT: Didn't answer all your questions.

Yeah, it's not a pyramid. But, it is a complex casting which was then machined. It has liability made into it (it's a brake system component). It's low volume.

It has an AM General part # but I suspect AMG designed it and outsourced it to a manufacturer.

Last edited:

russojap

Starting here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ering-Thread&p=2068376&viewfull=1#post2068376

I tried to bring them to market. I do not believe they are economical to bring to market. $200? Even if I made them in mad volume it would have been multitudes more than this.

When I was unable through my efforts, Peashooter and I made the drawings available for free to the public to see if someone else, perhaps someone who works in manufacturing could make them. We weren't even trying to make anything off them, we just wanted them available to people. So far, lots of talk, no prototypes.

I believe at this point that unless you get lucky and find a complete kit, you should just make sure your single circuit system is safe and new. New brake lines, new rubber hoses (I've had more steel brake lines pinhole than I have rubber hoses fail), new or rebuilt airpack, new master, new or rebuilt wheel cylinders, etc.

If your hung up on a dual circuit system, buy a factory dual circuit truck.

EDIT: Didn't answer all your questions.

Yeah, it's not a pyramid. But, it is a complex casting which was then machined. It has liability made into it (it's a brake system component). It's low volume.

It has an AM General part # but I suspect AMG designed it and outsourced it to a manufacturer.
Ok, thank you, I do regret not getting one of the later trucks.Unfortunately at the time I became aware of the M35 the trucks were starting to dry up and all of the later ones were all down in Florida and considerably more expensive too. I would suggest you contact a company in China, maybe they can make it affordable and so greater numbers would sell. If they can't handle it ,maybe Pakistan could do it, probably even cheaper. Don't mention anything about it being related to brakes though. It might be worth a try contacting AM General to see if they could order some more or let you know who made them. I appreciate your efforts so far to make it a reality ,thank you.

Edit: I would pay more than $200 if you can come up with them, actually even $$400 would be a good deal considering the potential alternatives.

Last edited:

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m going to convert a single circuit mount into a duel circuit mount. It will take some time but can be done. It’s weldable. I have my 3D printout and an extra single circuit mount to mock up, and Duel circuit master, on an extra frame I have access to. This way I can continue to use my truck as it is with my single circuit system, without having to take it down for an extra while while I do the fab work. Obviously once I get to the conversation stage it will take some down time. That dang thing called work that gets in the way of my hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russojap

I’m going to convert a single circuit mount into a duel circuit mount. It will take some time but can be done. It’s weldable. I have my 3D printout and an extra single circuit mount to mock up, and Duel circuit master, on an extra frame I have access to. This way I can continue to use my truck as it is with my single circuit system, without having to take it down for an extra while while I do the fab work. Obviously once I get to the conversation stage it will take some down time. That dang thing called work that gets in the way of my hobby.

I thought it looked like it could be fabricated, it doesn't have to be an exact duplicate of the original, it only has to be able to do the same thing. Do you think you could make a jig for them?

Last edited:

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought it looked like it could be fabricated, it doesn't have to be an exact duplicate of the original, it only has to be able to do the same thing. Do you think you could make a jig for them?
If it works, yes, I will, and lend it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks