• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bump Cap

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've banged my head against things a few times and always learned from it. My dad always said, "If you hit someone in the head, they always get smarter. You either knocked something in, or knocked something out. Either way, they're better off."

That said, I ordered a few baseball-cap style bump cap inserts. They fit nicely inside just about any baseball-style cap and serve a good purpose. I no longer worry about creasing my scalp on the door-frame of my M35A2 when I step up into the cab. They come in handy underneath the truck, as well.

Example:

http://www.supplylinedirect.com/new...s-head-protection-a-whole-new-look-and-feel-/

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea, have any pics or order info?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How do they wear? Seems like it wouldn't be something I'd want to wear in the middle of summer? (Heat)

SteveKuhn

It looks like a lot better idea than the batter's helmet I use - and batting is for summer. Vents are good and the foam inserts probably allow for circulation. Coulda' used it yesterday working under my trailer. Darned landing leg . . .

Steve

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they are like the ones we used in the airplane hangers, you really don't notice as they are very thin.

I must be missing something on the pricing, coming up at 20+ each??

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What timing!

One of the local Florist's delivery guys just dropped some arrangements off here at the Funeral Home and was showing me the fresh wounds on his head... They just got a new delivery van and the door is just a bit lower (or maybe the threshold/header orientation) is just an inch or so different and he nailed his scalp on the header SEVERAL times yesterday.

So.... I just shared this VALUABLE information with him.

He said to thank YOU for giving him this info before he inflicts permanent damage upon himself.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do they wear? Seems like it wouldn't be something I'd want to wear in the middle of summer? (Heat)
I would say, not bad. There is a strip of padding inside, along the top that keeps a gap for air circulation, and there are a few vent holes. I just keep it in the seat to remind me to don it before entry. I have mine inside a camouflage "Reds" cap. It is not heavy and I don't "sweat" the heat.

Here is where I got mine (4). They fit in either the low-profile baseball caps, or the taller "dad" style caps. Thick enough and padded enough to make you say, "Whooo! That would've hurt!"

http://www.esafetysupplies.com/CAP-INSERT-WITH-FOAM-PAD.html?gclid=CJ7R3pCUx7gCFa87MgodqSIABQ

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kind of like the helmets used for rafting, they cover the back of your head and have a chin strap so it doesn't come off easily. And if you're working on something too low or rough for a creeper, you won't have to hold the back of your head off of the ground as you move around on your back, your helmet protects and supports your head.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks