• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

ABN173

Yes, they are correct. I've done extensive searches on BMY/Harsco (aren't ya proud of me DH??) and they ONLY cater to the military with these trucks.

This is where the common sense is going to have to come into play.
I can title an AMG, Jeep, International etc., military truck 800series with no problem since they make non-military stuff too.

The 900 series is a more "civilianized" truck with better safety features etc., so the GA DMV is just gonna have to bend a little and use that common sense approach and make another category or simply title/register these trucks in the "other" category!!

We'll just have to see how much hades has to be raised to get there!
Hopefully you can find someone in the GA DMV that is prior military to help with this? Rob Mikell is the Commissioner and he graduated from the Citadel, not sure if he served though. http://www.dds.ga.gov/aboutus/CommissionerBio.aspx, I'll keep digging some.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Yes at one time my reg said bmw it was dmvs typo. The reg still says it but they fixed it on the title. What would they do if it was titled in another state already? There is mutual reciprocation they cant refuse to register it just because their computer cant handle it. What if it was a home built vehicle that another state issued its own vin for. I would call the dmv commissioners office and see what they say.
Will

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So title it as an am general ?
Tell them its a BMW thats the closest thing if anyone says anything then it must be a typo
I'll assume you are kidding. If I can't do it right I won't do it at all.
Let us ALL be reminded that it is against SS Rules to post or encourage ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.

I respectfully request a MODERATOR's intervention and edit/removal of certain posts in this thread.
Thank you.

Carry on.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow really ??? Neg rep its not even your post what a ****.
Neg rep??

If you got one Sir, it wasn't from me, yet you call me a ****? (And if you gave me a neg rep...thanks...that makes one for me)

I have a mentally challenged son (****, if that is the level you think on) and I think he could do better than that!!
I hope the mods leave this part in for your satisfaction Sir.:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

zout

Lets get this straight - and its not far from being a possibility after all the BS crap some folks do not do to make their trucks perfectly safe. I have sat in a witness stand from a FLEET MANAGER position and testify. You do not want to have something on your truck misrepresented - illegially titled or registered if by any chance you get in a collision with another truck or POV - your arse could wind up in prison. If you do not believe me - type in Google - Truck Accident Lawyers and you will see thousands of them that are just waiting for maybe just Y O U to do something stupid. This truck will get titled correctly or not at all - its not even a question I choose to play with. IT might take some time - but that is all I have is time. CAMO has my back on this one

ABN173

Wow really ??? Neg rep its not even your post what a ****.
I saw this post too Papabear, honestly I would not be too worked up. This post is poorly articulated and does not even make much sense. I hope you all manage to get your trucks registered (correctly of course). Besides it was your post, not your thread maybe but I digress.

-Dale

Last edited by a moderator:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I saw this post too Papabear, honestly I would not be too worked up. This post is poorly articulated and does not even make much sense. I hope you all manage to get your trucks registered (correctly of course). Besides it was your post, not your thread maybe but I digress. -Dale
Leave it alone Brother...you know me and I'm -cool.

Just a little update...All the original paperwork has cleared the local DMV (they can't add stuff) and has been sent to Atlanta as of last Friday...but I only found out today (because I'm a slacker and didn't check til today).

Anyhoo...now we gotta wait for some word from "The Goobermint".

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone got a timeout over this thread and some of the words have been edited. If anything further is needed PM me.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Someone got a timeout over this thread and some of the words have been edited. If anything further is needed PM me.
Thank you Brother.

The OP and CAMO just want to LEGALLY register our trucks. I hope we can keep this thread oriented in that direction.

I won't sell my M934 while I'm alive but I want to make sure it's properly titled so if I croak MB won't have problems selling it and whoever, wherever buys it won't have any problems on their end.

If anyone has any valid input/knowledge specifically for Georgia, specifically for BMY/Harsco I would appreciate it...but I won't take any shortcuts or misrepresent what I'm trying to do...so....can we please leave it at that?

I think that is what the OP was asking for...and I KNOW that's what I ask for.:beer:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Does any state title BMY trucks?
I had zero trouble getting the M927 titled in Alabama. I took the SF-97 and drove the beast to the DMV. The little chubby girl that knows me well waited on me (she said she knew I had another truck and wanted to see it) and did the paperwork. We then went out to the truck and I boosted her up into the cab (I swear I didn't look up that short skirt) and she checked the number on the data plate. Mission accomplished. Box of candy sent. Title arrived a few weeks later. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar (but then you just have a bunch of sticky flies).

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had zero trouble getting the M927 titled in Alabama. I took the SF-97 and drove the beast to the DMV. The little chubby girl that knows me well waited on me (she said she knew I had another truck and wanted to see it) and did the paperwork. We then went out to the truck and I boosted her up into the cab (I swear I didn't look up that short skirt) and she checked the number on the data plate. Mission accomplished. Box of candy sent. Title arrived a few weeks later. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar (but then you just have a bunch of sticky flies).
Wreckerman!
How many times have we told you we don't want to hear any more about YOUR STICKY FLY. Zip it up and be done with it already!!!

Other than that, thank you for the very sound advice, you silver tongued persuader! Working WITH the front-line DMV workers will always produce better results than going in swinging.

Now go wash your britches and get all that STICKY off of your FLY.

Carry on.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
In 1998 I purchased a '68 Shelby out of Ga. and it came to me on "Bill of Sale" only.
Wasn't a guy named Becker was it? rofl

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a thought for you.

In the past the Forestry Service would get trucks from the Feds and "lend" them to the state fire departments. Title was held by the Feds. State tags where issued. The trucks had to be returned to the Forestry Service and when sold an SF-97 was issued.

Fast forward to today. Times have changed and the trucks now become property of the fire departments. Titles will have to be issued.

How are the different states going to handle these trucks? Hmmmmm.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Here is a thought for you.
In the past the Forestry Service would get trucks from the Feds and "lend" them to the state fire departments. Title was held by the Feds. State tags where issued. The trucks had to be returned to the Forestry Service and when sold an SF-97 was issued.
Fast forward to today. Times have changed and the trucks now become property of the fire departments. Titles will have to be issued.
How are the different states going to handle these trucks? Hmmmmm.
Following along those lines, I sent a letter thru my title feller to DMV in Atlanta explaining that the Federal Government considers these vehicles to be perfectly safe for on-road use and is actively selling them to the general public without use restrictions.

I further explained that these trucks are being sold by the hundreds and that many of them are being bought right here in GA.

It's just gonna take someone in the DMV with some common sense and authority to actually look at the trucks/paperwork and say..."OK Snuffy, push a few keyboard keys and add BMY/Harsco to our list".

Now getting to that person is what we are trying to do right now.:naner:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Following along those lines, I sent a letter thru my title feller to DMV in Atlanta explaining that the Federal Government considers these vehicles to be perfectly safe for on-road use and is actively selling them to the general public without use restrictions.

I further explained that these trucks are being sold by the hundreds and that many of them are being bought right here in GA.

It's just gonna take someone in the DMV with some common sense and authority to actually look at the trucks/paperwork and say..."OK Snuffy, push a few keyboard keys and add BMY/Harsco to our list".

Now getting to that person is what we are trying to do right now.:naner:
PB you are dead on and will save alot of us in the future a huge amount of hassle doing things the right way. Fight on Brother :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks