• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

zout

With all the time-effort-money spent trying to get this done there will a future 1-800-THX=CAMO donation phone line set up so you can show your thanks in GA - to get your BMY properly titled -

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all the time-effort-money spent trying to get this done there will a future 1-800-THX=CAMO donation phone line set up so you can show your thanks in GA - to get your BMY properly titled -
I thought those numbers were 1-900??

Gunzy

clinto, no it wasn't a guy named Becker. It was a C.L. Walls from Cobb, Ga. If anyone knows him I would like to contact him.

mtullis

Following along those lines, I sent a letter thru my title feller to DMV in Atlanta explaining that the Federal Government considers these vehicles to be perfectly safe for on-road use and is actively selling them to the general public without use restrictions.

I further explained that these trucks are being sold by the hundreds and that many of them are being bought right here in GA.

It's just gonna take someone in the DMV with some common sense and authority to actually look at the trucks/paperwork and say..."OK Snuffy, push a few keyboard keys and add BMY/Harsco to our list".

Now getting to that person is what we are trying to do right now.:naner:
I'm going with a similar approach. I've taken photos of the running/turn lights, mirrors, ABS, windshield wipers, muffler and the automatic shifter. Going to send the photos in with a letter when I get my Sf97 fixed.
It might be helpful if we had a copy of a bordering state title with BMY on it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
"The third and final group comprising Harsco Corporation is the Defense Group, which includes BMY Combat Systems and BMY-Wheeled Vehicles. BMY Combat Systems is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and support of such military products as howitzers, earthmovers, and recovery vehicles. BMY-Wheeled Vehicles is one of three armored tracked vehicle makers in the United States and a major supplier of wheeled vehicles for the U.S. military and its NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) allies. The Defense Group contributes 48 percent of Harsco Corporation's total revenues. In fact, sales for 1992 set a record, but they came after sizeable lulls in 1988 and 1989, when the U.S. Pentagon slashed budgets as the cold war ended. In addition to sales to the U.S. Government, several foreign governments bought trucks, tank recovery vehicles, howitzers, ammunition carriers, and other defense equipment from Harsco".

This is an extract from Harsco's web site and MAY explain the reluctance Atl DMV is showing.

I think they are keying in on the words "Combat Systems" and not the "Wheeled Vehicle" part.

Maybe after they see the pics and stuff we are sending they will realize it's just a plain ole truck (sort of) the military used to own.

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of at least 2 900 series with SC plates. If SC can do it, certainly Ga can.

zout

So - your GA title states BMY Harsco model ##### year #### - and another question - was there a T22B representing inspection by an LEO filled out presenting all this to the GA Tag office ? If you want to pm me I can tell you what their delima is here but I do not want to open a whole can of worms.

The Commissioner in the Tag office see's no BMY Harsco in the data base from what he is stating to me.

I should know next Tue where we stand on getting this all cleared up. Yes he does have a sample out of state title that was donated.

zout

AHHH still no pm of what is on that GA title you said you have titled here in GA - you can scan the title without the serial numbers and names - just show you have this titled in GA as a BMY HARSCO in GA because the State does not show them. Otherwise I call a 10 on the BS meter

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
By decree we can no longer send pictures by pm, so if he scans the title, he will have to email it

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
AHHH still no pm of what is on that GA title you said you have titled here in GA - you can scan the title without the serial numbers and names - just show you have this titled in GA as a BMY HARSCO in GA because the State does not show them. Otherwise I call a 10 on the BS meter
So he was last online at 13:41, and you PM'ed him after that time and expect an answer?
plewhiskey.jpg

By decree we can no longer send pictures by pm, so if he scans the title, he will have to email it
Yes, we cannot use pictures via PM. I've discussed this previously. It is not coming back.

olewhiskey

LOL, "BS "all you want I get them inspected and tagged all the time. There is a FORCE CODE in every regional office, how you get that I leave it up to you, flowers, track tips, or a county tag agent that knows what the &^%$# they are doing. I have sold my 5tons with title I airn't the only 5ton in Georgia with tag yah know.You can see one of my titles in person at Trucktoberfest.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK y'all, calm down now.

There is a problem in at least three DMV offices here in GA. Zout, myself and the OP are trying to figure out the problem and help fix it so fellers who buy these trucks in GA don't encounter the same problems.

We will get it done right or we will scrap the vehicles and call it a bad investment.

I think we will end up on top, it just may take a little time.

I am sorta confused though why one county can get a title on a BMY and three other counties can't find them in the state system.

Oh well....stranger things have happened...and I've seen em'>>>LOL

Plewhisky, I wonder if maybe you would be willing to fax or send me a mailed copy of the GA title on a 923 or 934 or whatever BMY/Harsco you have titled. Not as proof to us that you did...but proof to the DMV in Atlanta that it has been done??

I think that would be a great help in our efforts Sir. [/B]

Last edited:

zout

and you PM'ed him after that time and expect an answer?

Nope -I did not pm him I only posted and I expected no answer on any time limit - anytime would be fine.

I have the Assistant Director in the State of Ga working on this project along with the local District Commissioner - fellas who know what is in the system and what is not - I would surely hope they would know where to look as I was on the phone with them for over an hour each that specific morning come to find out someone has one in the GA as a BMY Harsco - that is all.

There is one major issue on this truck that needs to be ran through legally and PB is aware of that issue - I will not broadcast what it is and I have already discussed this over the phone with DH. So Zout is not trying to be a prick about this or any other thread that directly relates to this truck - it is a Federal Issue which trickles down to State levels.

I know this because I legally built trucks from the ground up as Glider kits for over 20 years with whatever body was then to be mounted onto them and or configuration - just because its built does not mean its legal then to run it on the road.

Plewhiskey - please accept my appology - I was not making a personal attack - this thread has been up for some time and I know who I have been talking to on the State levels is all. Hope you will send PB a copy is all.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cooler heads will prevail.
Thank you for settling what seemed to be headed in an emotional direction.
We here in Texas are blessed with our Legislature's embrace of the MV Hobby and I pray that Georgia will - with your calm tenacity - reach the same level of acceptance.

Carry on.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This sure seem DMV like. FWIW they do not list "Diamond T" either, so I went through this with Squirt. Just patience and persistence and a good T22B and a kind DMV operator....

IF it ain't right we should not do it. That is how we give our hobby a bad name.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plewhiskey, did you ever send a copy of that title to Papabear. If you title them all the time, it would sure help him out and ultimately, many others as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks