• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Plewhiskey, did you ever send a copy of that title to Papabear. If you title them all the time, it would sure help him out and ultimately, many others as well.
Plewwhiskey did in fact contact me and offered some good advice. I talked to Zout and we prefer to take a different route.
Let's leave it at that.

Zout is close to getting the state director to add BMY Harsco so that all the regions can title these vehicles without anyone "forcing" the issue.

Stand by folks...the game ain't over!!
:papabear:

zout

This dog knows how to hunt, and besides dealing from a Fleet Mangers level I know the steps to take - just like the military - never ever go above someone's head as you will never get any results. I took the right steps to begin and we are up to the Assistant Director of Revenue with the local commissioner in tow. Every response has been productive from both of them. Whatever it takes to make them feel confident they are not opening a Pandora's box will be of great value to make sure the titles state EXACTLY as what these trucks are in an UNMOLESTED STATE. Mine in a molested state has already been inspected to meet all current standards. Anyone with anything less in GA and not identified as it should be - ahhh let you find out for yourselves. As PB stated - Stand by folks...the game ain't over!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK y'all, let me give you the "rest of the story" (Paul Harvey)...so that we all understand what is actually happening.

Evidently, each regional director has "over ride" authority and can add stuff he/she feels needs to be added...and that's OK...I guess....BUT: It could also come back and bite you in your 5th point of contact.

As you all know, Georgia seems to have a HEAVY volume of MV buyers as evidenced by the GA Rally etc.
Well, the older stuff AMG, Kaiser, Jeep etc., etc., dosen't require a title in GA due to the year of manufacture...I think it's 85 or 86 or whatever. Plus, all those type vehicles are listed in the GA State system in some shape of form so no problem getting a tag...or a title if you wanna go the extra mile.

Now...we throw in the later model 900 series vehicles...specifically BMY/Harsco vehicles which are NOT listed in the GA State system and the local folks throw a red flag. That's happened in three counties...just in this thread.

Zout and I have decided that GA needs to recognize these vehicles for what they are...updated models, with more safety features etc., than what they are already willing to tag/title.

This can ONLY be done by the MFIC in Atlanta and once he/she is done adding BMY/Harsco, the local offices can just type that in and...bingo...Billy Joe Bob from Georgia gets a Georgia title/tag and can keep/drive/sell/trade in any state...just like any other vehicle. There will be NO "forced entry/code/password" etc.

Zout and I have made this our personal mission so that all folks in GA can rush right out and buy BMY/Harsco stuff and inflate the prices and go on to live a life of religious fulfillment and bask in the glory of "new" type MVs!!:D

The battle is already won...the state guy just does not know it yet!aua

Attachments

zout

Dang PB - I was thinking that same stuff - but I am not as eloquent and politically motivated as you are - but well said and typed.

After talking with Matt yesterday I wil give him a day or two to swallow down what he knows he has to do - make it seem like he made the decision instead of being pushed to do it. At least I like being faked out that way when I am told to do something.

I have lots to do on the M909 anyhow till then.

zout

Not even close to being done in the conversion but FHWA inspected at this point in time - here is why this box was set on this M923A2 - and per Ferro making it an M909. Holding tank to install yet - flaps - Camo job - steps and rear deck platform - gun ring - get the right front tire replaced - clean the windows I painted over like I learned how to do from DOC at CAMO - razor blades were invented for this. Besides what not is shown is a 120 gallon fresh water holding tank - Magnum 2800 inverter charger - 7 120 amp hr deep cycle batteries - 100 amp battery equalizer - transfer switch for 50 amp RV feed out the RF of the box - on demand hot water heater plus more inside this baby - cannot wait to head it down to CAMO this fall and make the ride much more pleasurable.Photo2698.jpgPhoto2699.jpgPhoto2700.jpgPhoto2702.jpgPhoto2703.jpgPhoto2704.jpgPhoto2705.jpgPhoto2706.jpgPhoto2707.jpgPhoto2708.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to see you are on your usual "Warp Speed" pace. I see you elected not to pull it into the garage to do this work. rofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good to see you are on your usual "Warp Speed" pace. I see you elected not to pull it into the garage to do this work. rofl
Maybe the hood would fit in the garage!!aua

Zout I wish you would leave that sweet truck painted plain ole OD Green!!...And yes...I know it ain't right for the year/era...but dammit man...it's just so cool!!:D

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe the hood would fit in the garage!!aua

Zout I wish you would leave that sweet truck painted plain ole OD Green!!...And yes...I know it ain't right for the year/era...but dammit man...it's just so cool!!:D
I was thinking the same thing PB but I did not want to commit an MV faux pax. :p

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander has a cool new idea on Camo, if he pulls it off it will be revolutionary. It would not be for everyone but the concept is mind blowing

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Not even close to being done in the conversion but FHWA inspected at this point in time - here is why this box was set on this M923A2 - and per Ferro making it an M909. Holding tank to install yet - flaps - Camo job - steps and rear deck platform - gun ring - get the right front tire replaced - clean the windows I painted over like I learned how to do from DOC at CAMO - razor blades were invented for this. Besides what not is shown is a 120 gallon fresh water holding tank - Magnum 2800 inverter charger - 7 120 amp hr deep cycle batteries - 100 amp battery equalizer - transfer switch for 50 amp RV feed out the RF of the box - on demand hot water heater plus more inside this baby - cannot wait to head it down to CAMO this fall and make the ride much more pleasurable.View attachment 446138View attachment 446139View attachment 446140View attachment 446141View attachment 446142View attachment 446143View attachment 446144View attachment 446145View attachment 446146View attachment 446148
So what are you gona do after lunch!

zout

I did contact PB today with the results of the local tag office Commissioner statements whom appears to have tossed the whole package onwards and upwards in the chain of command - some of you know what that means. SO the results are the State may or may not title it - the State may or may not let it be registered (this sound familiar with our brother State of the BS they went through). Yes I did use their documents to not let this get out of hand. What would be helpful at this time would be adjourning States specific CODES of anything CURRENT in MV's and their ability to be titles as what they are - not forced - not falsified - exactly as what it is without any configuration change made to them with a clear title in hand. IF - you wish to fax a copy of that title of a 5 ton and more important being a BMY HARSCO is more helpful to many a member. PM if you wish to do this and all material will be held in the upmost confidence. IF you wish not to help - it is what it is. At this time I had faxed over 217 pages to this local office - bewildering to them. Still working on the M909 because I know there is an end to this and who will win. Pitbull out.

Skillzaw

Getting a BMY M923A2 titled in Georgia.

I bought a 1991 model m923a2 about a month ago, and am in the process of trying to get all this done as well. My local office made a call to the state while I was there and was told they couldn't title it because it was a 1991 model with a vin with less than 17 digits and BMY Harsco was not in the system. They told her to give me a T22-b form and let a local LE officer fill it out confirming the vin on my SF97 and she gave me a number to call (not sure exactly whose) when i get that done. My question is should I get the t22-b filled out or do you think it is a waste of time?

zout

our Tb22 has been filled out - sent in - signed by LEO as required - notarized and stamped - plus more forms than you can imagine - its still a no go. Get your TB22B filled out and in the box in the middle for FMVSS label just put N/A as this does not apply per the Federal Code of Regulations and also the NTSB. You will need this as we near completion of getting this all figured out for GA. Do not think this is a joke - go back as far as 2007 and see that happened to the folks in our brother state of Wisconson when they went into get their next years tag. We need to get this done in GA but we need to get it done correctly.

3dAngus

Last time I got a M35A3 titled in Ga. I had an older M109A2 titled at the same time. It has handled with kid gloves direct to the title office and the Atlanta office was skipped.

A month later, I got an official State letter from the DMV that it was a mistake and they insisted on getting the title back.

They said it would never happen again, as there had been some inconsistencies in how the titles were handled in the State of Georgia on the older vehicles.

I wrote them back and asked them how they would like a big fart instead, as it was inside the envelope.

I then sold the M109 to a fella in Michigan with full disclosure and paperwork getting the title and having the letter demanding the return. The state of Michigan issued a new title without hesitation.

The State of Georgia got a big fart.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks