• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

zout

Thanks CSM - BTW thanks for the awesome sale to me on the soft top for the M909 - it was great doing business with you. Remainder of post corrected

Last edited:

Csm Davis

If y'all will let me I would like to help in anyway I can I am a well read LEO and have a vested interest in fixing the problem in Ga I have people there that I do business with and would like to continue to but the older trucks are almost gone. Swiss or anyone of you gentlemen that will call or text or email me I am willing to help.

zout

Many thanks to Swiss who took this whole weekend writing a Draft to get presented to the 2014 Georgia General Committee. Remainder of post corrected

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a long weekend researching the federal and other state codes to come up with an approach with changes to the current GA law that would allow legal registration of these newer trucks. I am happy with the results and have forwarded the proposed changes on to our lobbyist and the legislative sponsors. The challenge is the create a fair law that protects both the government and us in the hobby. At this point I am comfortable we have a fair balance. I hope to get some feedback this week from them on their thoughts and next steps. The Georgia legislative session starts January 14th and we are hoping to get the changes into this legislative session.

Early estimates of the costs that it will take for the assistance that we need to ensure that this gets the correct attention are around 2,200-3,000. I am looking at how to collect funding for our efforts that is easy and everyone is comfortable with. Once that has been established we will need support at any level.

I would like to thank everyone that has reached out to date offering their support and ideas.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are counting down, the general assembly for the state of GA opens up on January 14, this is going to be a short session this year probably ending in early to mid-March given that this is an election year and the members need to be out on the campaign trail for the November elections.

I want to thank everyone that has reached out with offers of assistance. Now is the time we need your assistance. Given the short legislative period this year the Georgia Military Vehicle Owners need to be properly represented if we are going to get changes to the law to allow registration of newer vehicles.

I have called in some favors to get us this far, but as we all know favors only go so far.

I had posted earlier that the cost of our lobbyist is approximately $2,200-3000. I finished setting up a new PayPal account for this cause. You can donate via PayPal using credit cards etc. Choose the sending friends option when sending a donation ensures that the full amount makes it to the front lines.

galegislation@gmail.com

This is a separate account to track the activity that comes into the account. If those that donated are worried on where their donations are going, I will be happy to produce a log of the activity personally with that individual.

I would like to thank Commander Z who has been helpful in communication, research and any efforts that he can do to assist in this battle to date. I love how he thinks out of the box and his offer to donate his time for projects that he can accomplish for the cause represents the spirit of a great SS member. I took him up on a project and have committed the first $250.00 to our fund. At this time he does not need to be working on my projects but helping others help all of us.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?118070-Project-time-again-zout

I talked to the legislative side today and the draft of the changes in the law that I drafted earlier are going to be reviewed hopefully tomorrow before going to the legislative counsel for legal review.

Why Should I donate?
1.) If you live in Georgia and ever want to own a military vehicle newer than 1986 you should donate or it is not happening
2.) If you live in another state and want to sell your newer vehicle to a Georgia resident you should donate or it is not happening
3.) If you live anywhere in the United States and would like to own/or own a military vehicle newer than 1986, improving the laws in Georgia helps the overall political landscape for owning military vehicles nationwide

Remember donations of any size are helpful.

p.s. I hate raising money so thanks for reading this post and any assistance you can provide :)

Last edited:

gmann

Will be sending some funds over this evening. Good luck and thank you for your efforts!

We are counting down, the general assembly for the state of GA opens up on January 14, this is going to be a short session this year probably ending in early to mid-March given that this is an election year and the members need to be out on the campaign trail for the November elections.

I want to thank everyone that has reached out with offers of assistance. Now is the time we need your assistance. Given the short legislative period this year the Georgia Military Vehicle Owners need to be properly represented if we are going to get changes to the law to allow registration of newer vehicles.

I have called in some favors to get us this far, but as we all know favors only go so far.

I had posted earlier that the cost of our lobbyist is approximately $2,200-3000. I finished setting up a new PayPal account for this cause. You can donate via PayPal using credit cards etc. Choose the sending friends option when sending a donation ensures that the full amount makes it to the front lines.

galegislation@gmail.com

This is a separate account to track the activity that comes into the account. If those that donated are worried on where their donations are going, I will be happy to produce a log of the activity personally with that individual.

I would like to thank Commander Z who has been helpful in communication, research and any efforts that he can do to assist in this battle to date. I love how he thinks out of the box and his offer to donate his time for projects that he can accomplish for the cause represents the spirit of a great SS member. I took him up on a project and have committed the first $250.00 to our fund. At this time he does not need to be working on my projects but helping others help all of us.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?118070-Project-time-again-zout

I talked to the legislative side today and the draft of the changes in the law that I drafted earlier are going to be reviewed hopefully tomorrow before going to the legislative counsel for legal review.

Why Should I donate?
1.) If you live in Georgia and ever want to own a military vehicle newer than 1986 you should donate or it is not happening
2.) If you live in another state and want to sell your newer vehicle to a Georgia resident you should donate or it is not happening
3.) If you live anywhere in the United States and would like to own/or own a military vehicle newer than 1986, improving the laws in Georgia helps the overall political landscape for owning military vehicles nationwide

Remember donations of any size are helpful.

p.s. I hate raising money so thanks for reading this post and any assistance you can provide :)

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although I live in Texas, I am contributing funds toward this important effort. Those of us who do not own a vehicle benefiting from this legislation may one day benefit from it. If not, you will be helping support continued growth of our hobby. Hats off to Swiss, Zout, Papabear and others who are making this possible.
[thumbzup]

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss and Zout,

Its getting late here and I am a bit overworked, so maybe a bit dense as well. Zout, your argument of the lot of small donations is correct, although I never managed to get it working to our organization. Then again, I am not bad in some things I do but certainly am a lousy marketing man even for my own cause. Whatever.

Swiss, maybe put a direct link to how to donate in your signature? As said, I am a wee bit tired here and without money on PayPal its a bit unclear to me how to donate to this cause using a CC.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picture of Research Docs!

This does not include about 100+ pages of different versions that I wrote trying to get letters written of support and explain our business case.

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss and Zout,

Its getting late here and I am a bit overworked, so maybe a bit dense as well. Zout, your argument of the lot of small donations is correct, although I never managed to get it working to our organization. Then again, I am not bad in some things I do but certainly am a lousy marketing man even for my own cause. Whatever.

Swiss, maybe put a direct link to how to donate in your signature? As said, I am a wee bit tired here and without money on PayPal its a bit unclear to me how to donate to this cause using a CC.
Roboo Hello from the other side of the POND :) That is a great question. Paypal allows a user to use your credit card with a paypal account and not put money into paypal. Most e-bay transactions are all purchased via paypal acting as a clearing house and that is why Paypal is so popular. The downside is that you have to have a paypal account. They are easy to get and do not cost any money unless you purchase something or donate to our great cause.

Link to setup a new personal paypal account:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

You can also delete your account once you are done with the transaction if you do not like to keep this data on the internet. Now you can also be like PB:papabear::papabear: and say I dont want no sticking paypal just PM your address and I will write a check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks