• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What model trailer is this?

656owner

I was trying to find information on this trailer that I was looking to buy. So far I have found nothing. The owner only called it an aluminum military trailer. And if anyone knows what the fair market price is that would be very helpful for me.Trailer.jpg

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That Is a lot of support brackets? I would love to see the suspension to see what kind of weight Is was designed for. Trailer looks small though, :popcorn:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The suspension looks to have tie rods attached to the crosmember.

I think it's a homemade contrabulation that used a vehicle front suspension.

natem

That is a prototype trailer for the prototype amphibious MUTT. I forget the numbers, I'll get back to you on that. Or it is a matter of some one with to much time on there hands. And lots of parts laying around.

Last edited:

glassk

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=107353

I have not only messed with M151 designs but also decided to modify a 416 trailer.

The standard 416 has a solid axel that complicated trailing in the field as well as constant resistance to the Independent suspension on the M151 Jeep.

I construct 3 trailers, 2 trailers were build using the rear IS from M151A1's and the thrird trailer has the trailing arms from a M151A2.

I sol one XM416A1 to a buddy of mine in California the other two are mine and Nates.

link post on message board, still no picts
though

:doghead:The Top Dog nailed another one, A Home Grown Trailer,....

656owner

Would $275. be a fair price for an altered or home made military trailer?
This box style is a new one for me. Been searching for hours and did not see another like it.00j0j_EJD4JQ7HSi_600x450.jpg

Thanks Tony

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good price, worth that in aluminum. Do you have a picture that shows the tail lamps? The draw bar is military.

656owner

The 3 pictures I have do not show any tail lamps.
I am thinking I've caught this olive drab sickness I heard about here.

I just called the owner. He says it has the miltary tail lights and he never altered it. He believes it is all stock military.
But I have to look it over good to believe that is unaltered.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

That's what I was thinking. But the box doesn't look like home-brew. Maybe somebody had a military trailer body with no frame, and they cobbled something together....

natem

The 3 pictures I have do not show any tail lamps.
I am thinking I've caught this olive drab sickness I heard about here.
Post #9 the pic shows the tail light on the right side behind the tail gate.

If you cut yourself and you bleed green.......................

That looks a lot like 151 front suspension with short tie rods to hold center.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks