• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re: Hand Operated Winch-Lift Hoist

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Hand Operated Winch-Lift Hoist

A while back I purchased this NOS surplus item from Sam Winers,(http://www.samwinermotors.com/PDF/RockAndDirt.pdf ) . I have not done a base mount for it yet but, I plan to make it mobile from vehicle to vehicle where needed. The handle is in the third pic. It loosens for slide removal to prevent damage when transporting it. Sam Winers have about 25 of these left. He has them on a certain internet site for sale, but I bought mine there when I stopped by while doing a vehicle recovery. New in crate and packaged very well from the manufacturer.
Military winch lift 005.jpg Military winch lift 020.jpg Military winch lift 012.jpgMilitary winch lift 011.jpgMilitary winch lift 015.jpg

Last edited:

3dAngus

Nice looking hand operated winch. It reminds me of my boat winch ten fold. I'd like to see a picture of the handle though.
Curious as to cost if you would care to share that too.

SteveKuhn

If you Google sm-f-974715 you'll find a page with the following pictures. Judging by the lot this one came from, they left GL at $70 - $80 ea. From there . . .

The mfr page for the 4022PB is http://www.thernsales.com/hand-winches-spur-gear.html and the manual for it is at http://www.thernsales.com/_pdf/Spur Gear Hand Winches/A8097E-0611-SpurGear.pdf.

The info I was interested in is that it apparently has a brake and goes from 500 - 1000 lbs depending on the number of wraps, but the assembly says 360 lbs. Couldn't find the military TM for the whole assembly, though. Kinda curious how it's supposed to be rigged up and where it was used.

Steve

Thern2.jpgThern3.jpgThern4.jpgThern5.jpgThern6.jpgThern7.jpgThern8.jpg

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you Google sm-f-974715 you'll find a page with the following pictures. Judging by the lot this one came from, they left GL at $70 - $80 ea. From there . . .

I learned many years ago about buying at auction. "Be the bidder, Be the buyer".

I didn't need a whole pallet of these and didn't end up with any shipping costs as I got it "cash and carry".

SteveKuhn

The link to one of the auctions for a lot of 6 should be about # 3 or 4 on the Google search above. You can pick up numbers from that auction. Don't know what the site's search term would be - 'winch'; 'crane'; ???

That one's closed so it might not come up on the site search engine.

Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks