• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 151 went topless....

Did a lot of tinkering today. Mounted the radio, took off the top, did some maintenance. These are really neat vehicles. I think I need to align the front end. I have all new ball joints in the event I need any. I have brand new Firestones, so I want them to wear properly. I doesn't pull or anything while driving, but it does wander a bit and the front wheels don't look "straight" if that makes sense. After that, I will get to the paint work! Also want a pedestal mount for my live M60.

Mutt 2.jpgMutt 3.jpgMutt 1.jpgMutt 5.jpgMutt 4.jpg

jeeplvr247

That is pure ****ography. Our members in the UK will not be able to view this with their country's filters. That is a great looking Mutt.

Edit:
Apparently the filters on this website do not allow one to spell out the name for adult rated content. That just helps to make my post a little ironic.

Last edited:

Thanks guys! The Mutt is nice, only one rust spot behind the driver's side bumper. Going to have that fixed soon. The underneath is perfect. The pictures make it look better than in person....someone prior to me owning it painted it with a brush. After I do everything I can mechanically, I'm going to sand and properly paint it. Haven't decided on USMC lusterless or MERDC camo. I feel bad for my M35A3 since I bought this.....he hasn't been getting as much attention!

majorhitt

I could just hear the M151 saying about the M35A2, Spike he's my pal so big and strong. ( for those who didn't watch cartoons they won't know about spike and his little buddy)

gunboy1656

Looks great. Just a reminder that show at the airport is this Saturday. From what I understand they are going to have the military vehicles closer to the airplanes then the regular show cars.

Hope you can make it.

Al Harvey

Nice MUTT. I also went topless and ROPSless when I got my mount for the 50. Also I feel your pain with a brushed on paint job, my mule was that way when I got it and I've also got a 68 mustang someone painted the interior metal with a brush. Is your radio operational?

Al Harvey...When I bought the radio, I was told it was operational. I haven't tested it yet. I need the cord that feeds it power and the antenna cable. Hopefully she works!

Al Harvey

Al Harvey...When I bought the radio, I was told it was operational. I haven't tested it yet. I need the cord that feeds it power and the antenna cable. Hopefully she works!
I'll have to look but I believe I have both a power cable and an antenna cable. I'll let you know when I get a chance to look.

progun

Mine used to wander and I aligned it. No more wandering. It was toed out. I set to one degree toe in. Now the wheel is centered and tracks straight. Nice looking MUTT. Here is mine.

Attachments

Al Harvey

Mine used to wander and I aligned it. No more wandering. It was toed out. I set to one degree toe in. Now the wheel is centered and tracks straight. Nice looking MUTT. Here is mine.
I had the same problem with mine after rebuilding the front end. Finally someone opened a local alignment shop and all the wandering went away.

Al Harvey

Are these the cable you need for the radio? I don't have the cable that automatically adjusts the antenna but I have these two.

IMG_2020[1].jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks