• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new toy ..... m1070 HET

armybrattony

well.....

been on the forums for a while now, but have not been very active. have had two vehicles in the "fleet" as we like to call it. (m925 and and air force wt-2206 oshkosh plow truck)

today i was able to score and add one more to the fleet.

m1070 HET in nice condition, should be picking it up early next week.

more pics to follow

steelandcanvas

yes sir it is.

hoping to find an m747 trailer for it.... cant find any of the m1000 that are in service right now
I read somewhere today there was not a lot of M1000's manufactured, I don't recall what the number was but it surprised me it wasn't more. Remember, we are very photo challenged here and we want pics! I was day-dreaming about a 1070 this morning, but the dream fell apart when I found out it was 6" taller than the door opening to my shop.

Last edited:

armybrattony

i will be posting pics the second it is picked up! i am excited my self to drive it home, should be a wonderful ride haha.

anyone else on here have an HET? would love to ask some questions about them

very interesting that you say that about the m1000.... i have yet to see one forsale... also, they are the same use as the m747 but a very different trailer, they are more like the large size windmill trailers with the kicker motor and all the hydro's going on. realistically not to practical for around here.

even the m747 will need some modifications done to make it practical.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
anyone else on here have an HET?
Andy1234 in MO has one, I loaded it onto a RGN trailer in Hotlanta where he bought it. I drove them in the Army and was not a big fan of them since the geniuses that designed them put that double breasted two stroke Driptroit in them and they are S L O W. Make sure you have a credit card with a high limit when you stop for fuel.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been in contact with them 2 weeks ago: current info is that they have 18 of them! BUT.... unused doesn't mean NEW; I know that the tires at least may need to be replaced due to dryrot.

G.

wyorunner

Has this thing been retrieved yet? I thought about one as a haul all, but then I realized a traditional flatbed or lowboy would not be able to hook up to it due to the location of the fifth plate. Correct me if I'm wrong but it jut doesn't seem possible, the average kingpin is not that long on a trailer. There is of course the possibilty of me being way wrong. Also would love to see pictures!

armybrattony

After a long time waiting for the EUC paperwork to clear it is finely here!!!!

Runs great. Drives like a dream. Nicer than my pickup truck. Air ride is very nice and a great upgrade from the m925.

anyone who has any questions or would like to see detailed pics i am more than welcome to post them.

taking it out to dinner as we speak ;)

20130924_144246.jpg

jdknech

After a long time waiting for the EUC paperwork to clear it is finely here!!!!

Runs great. Drives like a dream. Nicer than my pickup truck. Air ride is very nice and a great upgrade from the m925.

anyone who has any questions or would like to see detailed pics i am more than welcome to post them.

taking it out to dinner as we speak ;)

View attachment 453598
you are a lucky man!

armybrattony

Yes has air lockers from the dash.

Also has planitary hubs for extra gear ratio.... crazy

Turns about the same if not tighter than the m925. Has rear steering enabled which makes it turn very tight.

Thinking about it... its for sure tighter than the m925.

Tp

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks