• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new toy ..... m1070 HET

armybrattony

Stops dead at 45 on flat ground (plenty of power left but its has a gov set there). Coasting went to 55 and handled just fine.

we will need to fix that lol.

0-45 in a couple of seconds. Dont need full throttle.... lile 1/4 is plenty

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if that’s the case then it might be as simple as breaking out the laptop and adjusting the top speed that way. Using the appropriate software of coarse.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get a chance try to look around the cab for a connector to the engine computer that should look like one these a 9 pin J1939 connector here. http://www.auelectronics.com/products/catalog/product/gallery/id/233/image/583/ or the round 6 pin J1708 here http://www.auelectronics.com/products/catalog/product/gallery/id/260/image/803/

It could be hidden under the dash on the drivers side by your feet or in the engine compartment close to the firewall. Very easy to make adjustments to computer this way.

Last edited:

insanejecke

Ok that's it; THAT going to be my next truck and I just might find a 70 ton wrecker rotator bed and throw on it because if. I have the money for they truck then I have the money for the bed what do you guys think?

armybrattony

So a bit of an update.

Have drove it around a reasonable amount. Turns super nice!

Condition is very high. Any of the m1070 trucks on gl with low miles are a great buy. I belive it was driven down to texas or something and then sat. We see alot of them driving away from the oshkosh plant, not being sent on trailers.

all of it is practicly brand new besides the seats which have some sun damage.

Would be cool to put the front, one rear, and the steering rear in a 5-ton, as well as transplant the HET cab onto a 5-ton. Might give a better engine (simpler), and a smaller overall truck that would turn GREAT.

You are making me want a HET, just no room!!!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I watched the big HETT sale out in Fort Riley, Kansas last week and put a min bid on 17 trucks so I could watch prices. Low bid was for a wrecked one at 5950. High bid was 14000.00. Several sold for less that 10K and were listed as running trucks. Average price was around 11K. Most had less than 5000 miles on them. If I had known they were going that low I would have called the bank or sold a kidney.auaauaaua

armybrattony

Wow. That is much much much cheaper that what i have ever seen....

About 6 months ago we were bidding on the 2003 last one off the line with a plaqe on it. Let it go after to much money

This one that we got is basiclly brand new. Great buy on these trucks.

goodguyzy

I picked mine up for 16k+ on the left coast which is usually 20% higher than you east coasters. Now if I can get it home. One big fail so far.

HanksDeuce

Not trying to hijack your thread too much, but what all is required for a civilian to purchase & drive a HET? I only have a regular driver's license. What else do I need to do?

goodguyzy

You need a CDL and a thick wallet for diesel. Depending on what state you live in you also may have to register as a "truck" and pay tonnage/truck plates. I live in a fairly easy state to register the truck as a "special interest vehicle".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks