• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where are all the wisconsin trucks at???

Another Ahab

Looks like fun, used to spend a lot of time in your area, my best friend worked for the UW Farm for years and we duck hunted the river and pheasant hunted all around Lake Mills....is the UW farm still operating?? that was a few years ago, like 40 or so!!! I have a 1952 weapons carrier with 4 tractor tires on it and a winch, she is hard to get stuck but when I do it is Stuck!! wish I was smart enough to post a picture on here, maybe if the 12 year old grand daughter comes over this weekend I can get her to do it...........
Funny isn't it? But a Fifth Grader can usually save your bacon anytime the situation turns digital.

But you got to have whiskers to think it's a hoot. The Fifth Graders are just going to roll their eyes...

Another Ahab

No. i think it was 15-20 years ago the state farm was sold. The one large barn fell many years ago and the second one fell 3-4 years ago. A good friend of ours has a small 60-80 cow dairy setup there in the remaining buildings now. We are only a half mile from there! I really want to see some pictures of your truck!
Glad to hear that there are still a few family farms left here and there.

Not 20 years ago you could still find a few within 20 miles of downtown here (Washington DC). Not dairy around here, but grazing steer (Angus) mostly. Even some paddocks and a few riding stables. But all those (and I think I can safely say all) are subdivision now. Might be one or two exceptions toward McLean (in VA), and around Indian Head (in MD).

Not good or bad I guess, just different. Everything changes.

But nice to hear that Wisconsin still has a small dairy farm or three. Cheers.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Looks like fun, used to spend a lot of time in your area, my best friend worked for the UW Farm for years and we duck hunted the river and pheasant hunted all around Lake Mills....is the UW farm still operating?? that was a few years ago, like 40 or so!!! I have a 1952 weapons carrier with 4 tractor tires on it and a winch, she is hard to get stuck but when I do it is Stuck!! wish I was smart enough to post a picture on here, maybe if the 12 year old grand daughter comes over this weekend I can get her to do it...........
"Got Photo"?

dozenjeeps

tried again to load some pictures, they are on the computer but two different locations and I do not know how to move them.......oh well.........like I said will get the grand kids to help.......sad about the farm, but if you were that close we must have been on some of your dads land 40 years ago as we walked the fence lines for pheasants back then and we sure were more than 1/2 mile from the main farm at times........small world...........used to float the river all the time for ducks also, did pretty good back then, I have some old pictures of us hanging a limit of ducks on my truck parked at the farm somewhere......

Carlo

No but I saw a actor who wore one that made a film called Tommy Boy! The man was a natural but I heard he had passed. I don't remember is name.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure we could have a great time! these are some pics of last summer. I got my little dozer stuck wile disking the weeds down and my truck somehow found the same hole! We keep this 4 acre field just for playing in usually and have many dirt piles and other 6x6 terrain to clime! Its a peet field and is always soft even if its dry. And not everybody has to get their truck dirty, because it might be more fun just watching me! haha
I would drive over to meet some new people and enjoy some cold beverages.

Bert

dozenjeeps

Yeah Carlo you may want to wait till it gets above zero here.............I think we had about 6 days that it never got above zero, although tonight is better.......went out and fired up the 715 and took her to the post office today........think we can get something going this spring...........

cumminsbandit

I would only have time this spring if it was the first 2 weeks in june (or earlier) and i think that would be too cold..? Me and my dad have 1000 acres of crops to get in and we usually start may 20th ish and by the time i get it all sprayed is july... and then July is usually very busy too... work sucks...

Another Ahab

I would only have time this spring if it was the first 2 weeks in june (or earlier) and i think that would be too cold..? Me and my dad have 1000 acres of crops to get in and we usually start may 20th ish and by the time i get it all sprayed is july... and then July is usually very busy too... work sucks...
It does sometimes, true.

But not as much as NOT having work. You never know until you been there. But that sucks a whole lot more, you know?

Me and my dad went to poofstock 2013 and had a blast and will surly try to make the next one! We have a 300 acre farm (about 15 minutes away from the poofstock gathering) with 3 sand and gravel pits, woods and low ground fields i play/mud in. I kinda have a course setup that goes all around the farm! Many weekends in the summer i load my deuce down with 15-20 of my buddies and we tear up the farm and usually end with a large bonfire. Me and my dad have been talking about maybe having some sort of gathering but I'm not sure if anyone would actually show up...? Any input?!

Sounds fun! I'd bring the 1009 out. I'm just over in Waunakee now.

tlmob1

M135 on blocks. I've put the project on ice. I have two M105 trailers that I pull one in parades, inside Southern Door County. I also have a M104 trailer that goes along with my M135. It would be nice to see a MVPA event or gathering in the Northeast area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks