• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M887 goes away, comes back!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well gang, I watched my M887 leave the house for the last time lastnight. I didn't figure I would care but it seems that I do. its been around here for a year and I've seen it almost daily. Last night for the very first time, I watched it go down the road. The thing looks really cool going down the road. I had a similar experience last year when I sold my M35A2. Until that guy drove it away, I've never see it go down the road. At least both are still in my neighborhood and every so often I'll be outside working and hear the old deuce motoring towards the house. Too cool!

Last edited:

McGuyver

Yeah, I know how you feel. I sold a car to my nephew recently that I found really hard to let go of. I had the car for ten years and put a lot of work into it to fix it up. It's hard to let go of a vehicle that you've put so much hard work and sweat into.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bringing a very old thread back to the top. Seems that I might just be getting this M887 back. Granted, the new owner painted everything white, even the inside of the box, but just the same, of he takes my offer It'll be home before long. Here's the thread where I reported bringing it home.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=373

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A deal has been made! I'll go fetch the M887 on my next day off (Wed I hope). I'll post pics when I get it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sure wasn't white when I sold it and I hope to change in back when I get it. Need to start sourcing power steering gear.

Elwenil

Very nice. All it needs now is paint. Hmmm, maybe a D60 front, NP435 4 speed and NP205 transfer case, then it would be perfect, lol. :-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front fenders are a little rougher than they look. 10-4 on all the mods listed but you forgot the 6.5 Turbo! :-D

jw4x4

Nice re-recovery! I sure wishI could have back a certain big red truck that I let go a few years back. I never thought I would ever be doing this stuff again. But I love it and realize how much I missed it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, I hear ya JW. Hey, everything happens for a reason. Whooda thunk I'd have this pig back in the yard. BTW cost me $625 and a deuce rear axle!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every MV I've ever sold I hated to watch it leave :cry:. I even broke down and hauled one to it's death at the scrap yard but it was tired and old and donated some of it's organs. That one was the hardest one to watch the grapple grab it and sling it onto the pile.

Blythewoodjoe

Greeting fellow Dodge owners. I have no idea what I have bought but I hope to pick it up tomorrow. It will be my official "rally" vehcile when I get it road worth. Now I will have a lot to talk to Kenny about next week:twisted:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks