• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

934A2 dies when shifted into forward gear, but not reverse.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? I have the Manual, but can't find the wiring diagram.
Go to the TM section on the site and download the P2P program. You'll like it much better than the wiring diagrams.
There is better people than me on this board for electric stuff. Could you use a multi meter and see if there is continuity between one wire and the housing. If not then would it matter what wire was power to make it trip.
This is what I would do too.

helomech

Well I made some progress on the truck dying when put in gear. If I disconnect the 5th gear torque converter solenoid the truck does not die when put in gear. The solenoid is working, when there is no power on the solenoid I can not blow air through it, but when power is applied air can be blown through it. When the truck is running and transmission is in neutral there is no power at the solenoid. When the transmission is put in gear I get 28 volts at the solenoid and the engine dies. Does anyone have any new ideas with this information?

I did change the transfer case solenoid (that the rats chewed the wire on) now I can shift it while I have air pressure, but still can't drive it unless I unplug the torque convertor lockup solenoid.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well I made some progress on the truck dying when put in gear. If I disconnect the 5th gear torque converter solenoid the truck does not die when put in gear. The solenoid is working, when there is no power on the solenoid I can not blow air through it, but when power is applied air can be blown through it. When the truck is running and transmission is in neutral there is no power at the solenoid. When the transmission is put in gear I get 28 volts at the solenoid and the engine dies. Does anyone have any new ideas with this information?

I did change the transfer case solenoid (that the rats chewed the wire on) now I can shift it while I have air pressure, but still can't drive it unless I unplug the torque convertor lockup solenoid.

Sounds like something going on in your valve body is not opening like its suppose to and is causing all this. Especially since the solenoid is working. Ill have to find the Allison flow spec sheet on the valve body.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter

The button on the T-case shifter operates the 5th gear lockup solenoid. If the button is stuck or slightly depressed then it will cause a stall condition. This is due to the torque converter locking up with the truck not moving. Check that the button is all the way out and that the wires aren't pinched where they go through the floorboard.

If you find that the button on the T-case handle is bad, I have a couple NOS replacement handles.

helomech

Sounds like something going on in your valve body is not opening like its suppose to and is causing all this. Especially since the solenoid is working. Ill have to find the Allison flow spec sheet on the valve body.
I think it is working backwards. The torque converter locks and unlocks. Just seems to do it at the wrong time.

helomech

The button on the T-case shifter operates the 5th gear lockup solenoid. If the button is stuck or slightly depressed then it will cause a stall condition. This is due to the torque converter locking up with the truck not moving. Check that the button is all the way out and that the wires aren't pinched where they go through the floorboard.

If you find that the button on the T-case handle is bad, I have a couple NOS replacement handles.
I have messed with the switch some, but have not ohmed it out yet.

Firebpm

Total non mechanic here, reading through all of these threads has given me a few ideas... my vehicle is for my Fire department and it does the same thing... dogs it/craps out when putting it in drive until/unless immediate momentum is gained, then it runs fine. Checked Trans case, operates ( it seems) correctly. Have not gotten past that yet. TMs and praying to find something stuck or chewed up wiring wise

8madjack

Mine did this when I was playing around with the transfer case, it worked fine when I got it all the way in either high or low. It seems to happen when the case is in between ranges.

Just saw the button replys, makes sense, I depressed the button when shifting it. When I fiddled with the handle, the button must have corrected itself.

Last edited:

Firebpm

Tested the T Case button today, doesnt sound like its clicking at all like it should... not hearing any air movement really either...gonna try and get in there and do SOMETHING (lube it up, tap on it? )

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Tested the T Case button today, doesnt sound like its clicking at all like it should... not hearing any air movement really either...gonna try and get in there and do SOMETHING (lube it up, tap on it? )
Remove it. get rid of all those extra air lines and crap. You only need one. You simply need some cutters and a 3/8 to 3/8 dot union and two 1/4" pipe plugs

https://youtu.be/6vfG2pVDOIU

Firebpm

Ill try capping them off and see what happens.
Can I get to that valve without taking off any major components? IE from under the truck ? that looks like its just a frame chassis he is working on and it LOOKS like the trans isnt there.
Sorry to be a pest, not at all a military mechanic or anything, but the -20 and -30 do help!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ill try capping them off and see what happens.
Can I get to that valve without taking off any major components? IE from under the truck ? that looks like its just a frame chassis he is working on and it LOOKS like the trans isnt there.
Sorry to be a pest, not at all a military mechanic or anything, but the -20 and -30 do help!
Yes it's all accessible from under the truck and under the spare tire carrier. The 4way block is right in front of the drivers transfer case mount. should take 30min to do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks