• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the deal on EUC's and trailers?

Isaac-1

I know the rules were changed for no EUC required for generators mounted on trailers a while back, but I was wondering if / what are the other circumstances where GL trailers are being sold without showing an EUC requirement. I have noticed several lots of trailers sold around here over the last year or so, some list EUC required, some don't. Does it have something to do with how / if the trailers were issued to the field? (one large lot of brand new 2-3 year old trailers were sold here not long ago with no EUC requirement listed, I know someone that bought one and he picked it up same week as the sale closed).

thanks Ike

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is all a beaurcratic jumble of demil codes assigned to a nsn. GL is not the player, Governemnt rules and the DLA/DRMO process it accordingly.

My favorite is none for M101a2 but required for a plain older m101. "nuts"

MarcusOReallyus

Issac, here's the NON smart-alek answer to your question:

The only way you'll know if a trailer requires an EUC is to watch the auction. It will be listed.

Except when it isn't.

Sometimes you buy something that doesn't show any requirement for an EUC, and THEN you get an email that says basically, "Oops. We forgot to tell you, but you need an EUC on this item."

Sometimes a particular item requires an EUC, then months later, the same item doesn't. Then, it does again.

Yes, that's disorganized, yes, that's confusing.

Yes, that's the way it is.

glassk

End Use Certificate (EUC), DLA Form 1822
DLA Form 1822 Instructions Am I required to complete an End-Use Certificate? The End-Use Certificate, DLA Form 1822, is a bidding form where you indicate
what your "end use" of the property will be, if you receive an award. It is generally
required for items coded other than Demil A. The catalog entry for that item will tell
you if an end-use certificate is required. The form is required for property that is
controlled. For example, it may require demilitarization by the customer, or an
export license should the customer desire to ship it to another country.NOTE: The first time you bid on an item requiring end-use certification, a
Trade Security Control check will be processed and can take up to 60 days. The
Sales Contracting Officer (SCO) cannot award the contract until you have been
cleared. During the initial clearance process, you may not be awarded an item for up
to 2 months. Once you have obtained this clearance from Trade Security Controls, it
is generally good for 5 years, but you still have to submit an End-Use Certificate
every time one is required. Once you're cleared, subsequent awards are quicker.

http://www.dispositionservices.dla.mil/sales/forms-references.shtml

pma4x4

Ok so I am considering buy 3 to 6 trailers from the barstow location. I can not find anything on the auctions that say EUC required. How will i know for sure? it seems like if there is no EUC its a matter of Pay and then set up time for pickup and then pickup and done.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok so I am considering buy 3 to 6 trailers from the barstow location. I can not find anything on the auctions that say EUC required. How will i know for sure? it seems like if there is no EUC its a matter of Pay and then set up time for pickup and then pickup and done.
Did you read the rest of the thread? If EUC Required isn't listed in the auction you don't need to do one, unless you do. You won't know for sure until the paperwork goes through and you pay for it and have it home. Then maybe you might possibly be in the clear. Maybe.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or, you can ask GL directly.

pma4x4

Or, you can ask GL directly.
I just asked them directly on two of the auctions.

I guess what I am asking is where would the EUC be stated on the lot page so I know where to look. I dont if any of the auctions I have looked at have an EUC? I have not seen anything on the lot pages that say EUC.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, This is what their FAQ shows,

Q:

What is an End-Use Certificate (EUC) and when is it needed?

A:

An End-Use Certificate or EUC (DLA form-1822) is a statement regarding the disposition and use of Demil coded B or Q items. Buyers of Demil B or Q items agree to complete one End-Use Certificate per sale. GOVERNMENT LIQUIDATION WILL NOT SELL ANY DEMIL B OR Q PROPERTY WITHOUT AN APPROVED END-USE CERTIFICATE. First time applicants for an End-Use Certificate with Government Liquidation can expect to wait a minimum of 60 days for approval. Buyers who have been previously approved should expect to receive subsequent approvals within 3 weeks of submitting the End-Use Certificate application.
So, are the trailers you are looking at listed as Demil B or Q?

paradeduty

"To EUC or Not To EUC - that is the question" - it really is a function of number association. One time I even got so dumbfounded that I even called Battlecreek, MI. At the same time, GL had 2 HEMTT's for sale. Not related to EUC's, but destruction..........That's right, based on the numbers, one was sold straight up (with EUC) and the other (beautiful) truck had to be crushed and witnessed. The only thing that we and Battlecreek could figure is that the one for the crusher belonged to an Air Force division and most AF stuff is only sold as scrap. I guess not worth the paperwork for one truck. It was a sad auction. It really was cherry.

pma4x4

ok I might be blind but I am not seeing "demil B or Q anywhere. Would you have a link to a lot for an example. I did a generic search and with a truck I saw under "important notice" in Event details "All lots in this sale require an End-Use Certificate (EUC)."

I found this and it looks like they have it squared away. so if it requires a EUC its a big bold red banner on that lots page.

""How are Special Commodities Sales (BQ Sales Events) Identified?
You will see a bright red banner with an
above the bidding box if an End-Use Certificate is required for an item
. Please do not fill out the form until you are confirmed as the high bidder. Then you have seven business days, after the close of the Event, to submit a completed EUC. The form can be downloaded from our web site after you log in. Go to the My Account tab and then select Forms from the menu bar.

Please keep in mind that initial EUC approval may take up to 60 days from the time an acceptable EUC is received and submitted to the Government. Subsequent approval takes approximately ten days. ""

I also talked with them and they said if it does NOT have the red EUC banner it does not require a EUC.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few screen shots from GL.

Each one has a indication that an EUC is required.

A live chat with GL should have explained all of these points, if you asked where to look if an EUC is required for an even or item.

Attachments

Last edited:

pma4x4

Here are a few screen shots from GL.

Each one has a indication that an EUC is required.

A live chat with GL should have explained all of these points, if you asked where to look if an EUC is required for an even or item.
Yeah I did a live chat and verified the EUC issue.

Sorry for being a pain I was just wanting as much clarification as possible in regards to the red tape.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks