• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pintle hitch question on the m1031's

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been wondering that as well. Maybe Able Body Co who completed the cab and chassis did not order the right part when they assembled the bumpers?

dependable

Just guessing, since equipped M 1031 weighs between 4 to 4.5 tons, they probably did not expect for it to tow that much. Guess number two, whoever speced the contract forgot the swiveling pintle hook.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went to the -20 and -34 parts manuals. There is no pintle listed for the M1031 in any of them. Since the M1031 is a chassis/cab, the company that completed the vehicle installed whatever was specified in their contract. I don't have the TM for the SECM but I'd wager that there is pintle info in the parts manual.

cucvrus

Does it have any reinforcement behind the bumper? I have the hitch. I don't remember anything behind the bumper . Anyone. Trying to help out Tinstar. I thought the fixed hook I have has a GM part number on it. It looks the same without the swivel.

Last edited:

Keith_J

The bumper package is part of the SECM TM. Able Body Corp probably ordered the non-swivel hitch to save money. They used a standard CUCV bumper including the blackout light package as this keeps parts standard. All the bracing is the same including the frame extensions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks