• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Polk pickup available!

Jeepsinker

Hey guys, I live very near Ft Polk and have plenty of storage space on my property. More than happy to make pickups for people that don't live near so they can pick their items up on weekends. Call 337-401-2470. Will answer phone with "Man O' War Arms" as it is my shop and personal number. My name is Garrett. Happy to help if I can.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i just gave another member your name about picking up something.. glad you didnt mind.. thanks a bunch for your offer to pick up goods

Jeepsinker

Whatever I can do to be of some value to the community is my pleasure. I live close and have four acres of property for storage, as well as a 30 x 50 steel building, so why not?

Jeepsinker

Oh, and just so you guys know, generators and other items susceptible to weather damage will be kept indoors. Also, if I retrieve an item for you, you can pick it up at your convenience, not just on weekends. I am very flexible. I cannot store whole vehicles inside though, only smaller items like generators.

bigboy44

Garrett, Thank you for offering this service! I am sure you will be busy doing pick ups. Ft. Polk is very good to deal with in my opinion, Maxine is good to work with and so is Linda they both have helped me in the past.

Jeepsinker

Awesome, good to know the staff at Polk is easy to deal with. Although Tornadogt is having difficulties getting them on the phone to secure a pickup appointment. Bigboy, might you be able to assist him in contacting them? You seem to know them well.

Last edited:

Artisan

Well, ya never know where your next friend in need will pop up!

(and some of us actually do NOT expect help for free! )

Do you have a large truck capable of towing an m920 / 916 types of trucks w/ a towbar off base?

Or do you have a bro who can?

Artisan

jwesley74

Wanted to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Garrett picked up my 925A2 yesterday from Fort Polk, had fuel issues and took a while to get it to his house. But he got it there! Garrett you rock! Thanks again and I'll see you this Sunday!

jwesley74

Wanted to say THANK YOU again Garrett! You rock! Made the trip home to FL. Got home 2 AM Tuesday morning. Only issues I had were when I left your place. As I got into Kinder the truck stalled in middle of rd. I fittled with fuel primer and linkages. Fired up, got it off the rd. Adjusted the throttle linkages they were limiting WOT. So thats why it didn't want to run over 2000 RPM. Now it runs up to 2300. Also ran 57-58 on level ground all the way. Burned a lot of fuel though. Only got about 5 MPG. Made it home with about 1" left in the tank. LOL. Stopped to sleep Sunday night in Defuniak Springs, FL about 70 miles west of Pensacola. When I went to start it up in the morning, it started and idled and built 125 PSI in air then quit. Messed with fuel primer etc... with no luck. So ended up changing cartridge filter and pressurizing tank to get fuel back to rack. Some reason it's losing prime when it sits for more than a few hrs. Loaded trusses in the bed and headed home. Stopped in Gainesville to drop Joe off and we fittled with winch. Control valve was froze up. We sprayed PB blaster and worked it loose. Now operates perfect.

Since getting home I plugged in CTIS and to my surprise it works PERFECT. Air up and down and to the right PSI in each tire. I was also shocked to find out even the windshield washer worked. LOL. Heater blower works perfect too. So far haven't found a single thing wrong or not working with this truck.

I went to start last night and again lost prime for fuel. Had to pressurize tank again. My buddy says we'll check fuel check valves. He said there's a serviceable one on the pump we can clean. Might be the culprit for losing prime being dirty with with all that contamination. We haven't addressed the tank problem yet. My buddy says sounded like Black Algae. We're going to try soaking in gasoline for a few days then drain and air out. But I found a tank in PA for $100 that a buddy is about 90 miles from he may go get for us this wknd and bring back to FL in a month or so. $100 for a clean tank is worth it versus spending time and $$$ on attempting to clean this one. Also discovered theres an AFC fuel filter in the pump. Ordered that ($11) on ebay. So far other than fuel tank issue/contamination this is the best truck I've gotten so far. Amazing how clean/fresh the paint looks.

Just wanted to give you heads up on the trip home and again Thank you for going to get it for us!

Thank you for the hospitality too!

jwesley74

Would like to add one more thing. After 700+ miles it finally dawned on me to cut a stick and wedge on the throttle pedal for cruise control. Easy to kick off with my foot if needed. But sure helped with the leg cramps I was getting for the 1st 700 miles. Wished I woulda thought of it at your place. Now it's a permanent "must have" on any rd trip!

Let me know on those Jerry cans. I think we want 2 of 'em.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks