• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 -lost all lights and engine shut off--

656owner

I did just replace the fuel pump solenoid and been running fine for two days. While driving noticed the engine struggled to stay running as if it wasn't getting fuel, then shut off. Tried to restart, 1st crank or 2 it fired back up for a moment but shut right back down. Then I found I had no hazzard lights or any lights, and no horn. And yes I do have the service lights on.Generator dash lights come on along with starter when I turn the key.I've replaced the 2 main 12 volt metal fuses and still nothing. Any help appreciated.What should I be checking?

m38inmaine

Check the fusible link between the 12v junction block and 12v battery tap. It may show voltage but it still could be bad and not carry any amps, it happened to one of mine a real head scratcher. I ran a straight wire to test it then replaced the link.

656owner

I was checking the wiring under the hood and it all seemed good, went back to the fuse block, pushed and wiggled the main 12 volt fuses I had installed at the beginning a little harder and I got lights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks