• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923/A1 Fuel system common issues

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A M934 will have an additional fuel pickup for generator pickup.

We used it often.

Both of our 934s A1 & A2 had them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None of mine have them. My 923 has a 934 tank on it as its secondary tank and no extra ports

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

PyroJoe

The pickup was originally for the heaters in the back.

Was just coming back here to follow up and say I traced the extra port to my heaters in the van body. They apparently cut the line to the heaters when they "dismantled" the heat and A/C. On the front/bottom/left corner of the van body directly above the port, you can see where the fuel line originally went to.

M2Guy

I am working on tracking down an air leak on my M925a1 now. It is a little wet around the handle end of my pump indicating to me fuel leaking around the piston shaft. If fuel can get out, air can get in. I was going to get into the parts manuals to see wht was in there for seals. You mentioned you have resealed your primer pumps. What did you use? Thx

PyroJoe

I finally found the air leak on my van. It was the rubber hose running from the IP to the fuel filter housing. The hose didn't show any clear signs of being cracked and wasn't leaking externally, but replacing it solved everything. The truck only has 84 miles on it. Runs like a raped ape now.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am working on tracking down an air leak on my M925a1 now. It is a little wet around the handle end of my pump indicating to me fuel leaking around the piston shaft. If fuel can get out, air can get in. I was going to get into the parts manuals to see wht was in there for seals. You mentioned you have resealed your primer pumps. What did you use? Thx
get with member technoweenie. he did his awhile back he can give you some pointers i am sure.

TedCat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone is interested in replacing their pickup tubes due to either preventitive measures or tube has developed pinholes, I have stainless pickup and return tubes ready to ship. They are tig welded stainless fittings with stainless tubes cut to 1/4" or so shorter than the original copper to help keep out debris. The fittings are JIC to help convert from the copper lines to full rubber hoses and work with Ken Spencers dual filter/hose replacment kit very well.

skuhler

I’ve got a fuel issue with my 923. It will idle great but when you press the accelerator to go, it runs up a couple hundred RPMs then dies. RPM drops to around 400 and it “starts” and runs back up to normal idle.

If I press the accelerator slow, it’ll get to 2000, then it does the same thing.

I’ve replaced the fuel filter, the small primer line, and Orings in the primer pump. Used the air pressure trick to purge the fuel system, even left the hose on to pressurize the tank when running. Still dies on acceleration.

Is there an over speed solenoid someplace that’s bad? Ideas? Thanks for any help!

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve got a fuel issue with my 923. It will idle great but when you press the accelerator to go, it runs up a couple hundred RPMs then dies. RPM drops to around 400 and it “starts” and runs back up to normal idle.

If I press the accelerator slow, it’ll get to 2000, then it does the same thing.

I’ve replaced the fuel filter, the small primer line, and Orings in the primer pump. Used the air pressure trick to purge the fuel system, even left the hose on to pressurize the tank when running. Still dies on acceleration.

Is there an over speed solenoid someplace that’s bad? Ideas? Thanks for any help!

Please do not post about the same issue in 2 different threads. This is cross posting and is not permitted.

Keep the discussions about your fuel issue in this thread:
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?187765-M923-dies-on-acceleration

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks