• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fav/Dpv 1009

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FAV is Fast Attack Vehicle? There was a M1009 version? Too cool, thought there was just M151 versions.

Csm Davis

NDT and 85CUCVtom whats even funnier is one I saw was only in service CUCV with factory ac that I ever saw and it was still on the DPV which is what I think they were built for.

Last edited:

Csm Davis

Been looking at this and so I can drive it I will be using a windshield frame off of a 5ton and leave the fire wall of the blazer intact. Now I have two different ideas for gun mounts and they are a pedestal or ring mount the ring mount will be heavier and I don't remember ever seeing a fav with one, input is welcome but leaning hard towards the hard mount.

nattieleather

I googled it also and couldn't find any pictures of it. So according to the laws of the internet...no pics means they don't exist! :lol: So make it how ever you want I'm sure it will be cool.

I would think that if someone made a FAV/DPV M1009 that to my mind the cargo cover would come off and a pedestal mount would be mounted behind the front seats with a M2 mounted on the pedestal. No ring mount just a place for a guy to stand in the back and hammer away on the fiddy. I would think the doors would be removed for faster entrance and egress. Maybe larger tires with cut fenders and of course the flat sand paint. Some big skid plates on the bottom to protect everything and away you go. Maybe remove the tail gate and put a half gate sheet of metal to keep stuff from falling out. Oh and some storage chests/benches over the back wheel wells too. Okay I'm done. Good luck with the project.

Joe OHMR Ret.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After thinking about it, it makes sense why the Blazers were not widely converted to this config. Take a Blazer, remove the top, add larger wheels, a fold down windshield, and wala you got a HMMWV.

Csm Davis

Okay finally getting around to this and I am wanting to build this starting with the tires, humvee 24 bolt, which will mean that the D60 and 14 bolt are needed. That will probably mean that I use the 1008 frame and the 1009 firewall and floor. This will be a build trying to stay with what I could source while on active duty and if I can find my old pictures of an actual one that was in service, built like it. Any guys that actually used one or built DPV's out of other vehicles please let me know if you see something that is right or wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks