• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP for Sale ?

Army Kid

Banned
Just a comment.... So, fresh military HMMWVs are off-limits to buy, right?
So, how the @&*! does someone get their hands on a 2008 MRAP, then put it on EBAY for sale ?!
Wonder what the reserve is? Bet the "prepper" community is goin nuts trying to refi their houses to get a hold of this one.
Maybe its these guys selling it: http://armytrucksinc.com/ Wonder how they get all of their toys.
If ya got the coin, I guess you can by anything.

Last edited:

Amer-team

There was one that went on GL a little while back. It was a trainer MRAP base on an M923 frame. the bid price was 99,500. So maybe someone picked up a cheaper one. Or they went to Afghanistan and bought some of the ones they are cutting up for scrap.

Chief_919

They bought it direct from the manufacturer. You could do that with a HMMWV legally, it is only that AM General doesn't want to sell one to you that stops you.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AS far as I know, none of those MRAPs were in the DoD inventory. They are similar to ones that are in, but certain things are wrong.

Gunzy

If your talking about the 6x6 ones pictured at the site you list look close, those all appear to be on M939 series chassis'. They are not armored, just look like it, they are trainers.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I find interesting is, while at the DRMO I was informed that all MRAP axles were not to sold(to the public), yet they continue to sell them on GL.

TacticalDoc

If your talking about the 6x6 ones pictured at the site you list look close, those all appear to be on M939 series chassis'. They are not armored, just look like it, they are trainers.
from what I understand they are not armored. just simulators. I wouldn't pay that much for one. Would rather get a M923 and make armor plates for it myself. I'd just armor the cab and motor.

Last edited:

Adrian A

Yes, it is army trucks inc. Selling it. I got the chance to see it up close. It still smells new. If I remember right, it is a trainer. Dave has some really neat stuff for sure.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I find interesting is, while at the DRMO I was informed that all MRAP axles were not to sold(to the public), yet they continue to sell them on GL.
I got lucky enough to purchase a set not long ago...usually the GL staff aren't familiar with the MRAP axles and if not informed prior, GL will list them as "unknown manufacturer." :naner:

Amer-team

MRAP Trainer

DSCN0111.jpgHere are a couple of pictures of one of the MRAP Trainers at JBLM during the last Armed Forces Day. It clearly is marked for training puposes only. Still a cool truck.DSCN0110.jpg

Army Kid

Banned
It is a very cool beast of a truck for sure. Although, for that kind of pricing, I will have to make do with my HMMWV :)

Mercunimog404

Banned
Just a comment.... So, fresh military HMMWVs are off-limits to buy, right?
So, how the @&*! does someone get their hands on a 2008 MRAP, then put it on EBAY for sale ?!
Wonder what the reserve is? Bet the "prepper" community is goin nuts trying to refi their houses to get a hold of this one.
Maybe its these guys selling it: http://armytrucksinc.com/ Wonder how they get all of their toys.
If ya got the coin, I guess you can by anything.
What's wrong with prepping? Isn't the military based on it?

hwcurtice

Interesting, what he's talking about is an MRAP Protector. Way cool. Even enough to be a daily driver. Like to see the looks on people's faces driving the kids to school in that!

Win the lottery! Win the Lottery.... Maybe if I say it enough times....

papakb

I know that BAE Systems had a couple to do product development on that were never DOD property and eventually they could come up for auction outside of the thieves at GL.

Kurt

Army Kid

Banned
Well,,,, the MRAP sold. US $161,850 Holy crap. That's the price of a small house. 33 bids & 3 very serious bidders. Cheers to the guy that won ;)
WOW.

JOateyNV

I believe this MRAP came from overseas. From Israel I believe the guy told me. He asked about buying some 365/85R20 Michelins on aluminum wheels and told me it was in customs. Then GL was nice enough to list 4 or 5 lots out of Herlong Ca. So I still have the tires and he wouldn't return my calls. I do know it was not purchased in the US. The owner is a big time movie equipment rental business. But, your guess is as good as mine. He is a member here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks