• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP for Sale ?

jpinst

I am pretty sure the MRAP in the top photo is called an ILAV. We used them for training at Fort Jackson on my way to Afghanistan in 2013. It is an actual MRAP designed for use in RAQ and was used by Naval forces there. It just does not have the heavy armor and kevlar panels all over it. That is why it has the sign above the door. The Army drill instructors hated it.

EODTECH90

Also, being still in the army those 939 MRAP trainers are armored, just not to the degree specified for combat. And for the ILAV those are also in the same category, with the ILAVs however we had them built and sold them to Iraq. Ilav stands for "Iraqi Light Armored Vehicle" I have a million of those TMs at the shop.

blhar15

That MRAP that was for sale was built by MAV Mobile Armored Vehicles LLC. Never was in military service and was bought direct from the manufacturer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks