• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed a 50 inch led light bar on my M923

Moto2four

Installed more lights over the weekend. These are 6" drx light bars from blackboxlogistics.com. They are a lot tamer than the 50 and can be used as driving lights.

Schasta1

I have a 40 inch light bar to mount but want to mount it on front of truck. Any ideas? Did the measuring and can't put it on top of bumper, tow hooks are in the way....

Goobs

I made my light bar brackets and got a 54" with two 14" on each side across the front of my truck. Do a search in this forum for my thread. I have pics and how I did it. Got all the light I need for about $350.00 total.

Nice set up though

Goobs

fattboy123456

My head light and light bar change is 4 12" light bars
and a 55" on the roof $200 all 24v with a 24v wiring kit for the roof one
the "headlights" are wired into the original wiring so i can have high and low beams

Attachments

acme66

I have a 50 inch as well and located it right above windshield height, sort of where you would have a visor but not that far forward. Trying to think if it shows in any of our videos or not. Might need to do a video on how we mounted it come to think of it.

Ken

jmoneysmithmas

Glad to see vehicle LED's going down in price- just 3 years ago this would've been $1000. Have you (or anyone else) had good experience with the 7" round replacement headlights in LED? There seems to be a lot of places selling them now in the $300-400 range.

Uneesas

I apologize for bump the old topic, but I have some interesting observations that I would like to share, maybe this will help someone in the future because once I was on the lookout for useful advice.

I think they all are about the same. All the cheap ones are cheap and the expensive ones like my rigid radiance are similar to the cheaper ones. When I looked at my rigid radiance up close I was surprised that it was not as nice as the normal rigid products, but I did like the back lighting. Out of all the light bars I have, the rigid was the only one to fail as the ground wire was badly soldered to the pad. Two brands that we used extensively at my shop on saltwater boats was rogue4 and plashlights. Both seemed to be really good but in the middle to higher end in prices. My rogue4 that is always abused and doused in saltwater looks and works as it did day 1 and I have had it for 5 years. Opt7 seem to be as good as all the other cheap ones. I just bought a 12" and two cubes for the Viking and honestly went with the cheapest lights I could find with the best reviews on Amazon. They are an auxbeam brand. Cubes look pretty good so mounted them between the two rows of seats and now waiting for the 12" bar to come in for the rear. I think all 3 lights and relay where $60 so I expect to get what I pay for. Who knows, they might last forever.

First, don't waste your money on rigid you can get curved lightbar off amazon or eBay for under $300 vs $2,150 for a Rigid. Rigid might be a little bit but not 2 grand brighter. Second, be prepared for a lot of wind noise when you get up to around 50+mph you can be drowned it out with the radio but it's annoying if you want to talk to someone else in the truck. Its worth it if you do a lot of night driving off road Third, there is a good amount of glare on the hood so you might want to angle it up just a little it bothers some people more than others. Personally, I'm ok with it I have a 52" straight bar in Nfab mounts https://10carbest.com/best-curved-led-light-bars and its amazing I also have a 34" on my bumper that's drowns out my high beams and the 52" drowns it out I thought about getting a curved one but ended up going for a straight one and couldn't be happier with it it looks great and puts off a TON of light

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks