• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Central Florida Events Mailing List

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thankful y'all are having an event down in Homestead. :) Have you created a separate thread to keep track of who is attending and invite others to join you? This thread is about events in the Central Florida area. Homestead is a LONG drive from Orlando.

noobtankz

I'm thankful y'all are having an event down in Homestead. :) Have you created a separate thread to keep track of who is attending and invite others to join you? This thread is about events in the Central Florida area. Homestead is a LONG drive from Orlando.
I did make another page here. I just saw that eumel789 asked about it so I figured I'd answer him :-D Sorry to barge in.

I drove my truck home to the Keys from Ft Pierce when I bought it... Looooong drive! Hurts thinking about it.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's cool, man. I know how difficult it is to organize events - I've spent the better part of 10 years doing so. I just didn't want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to have a great time due to the information on the event being buried in an unrelated thread! :)

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone else interested in knowing about events happening around Central Florida?

pockersUK

Is anyone else interested in knowing about events happening around Central Florida?
Hi im on vacation in davenport florida in august and early september
any one tell me if theres any rallies or military swap meets around then?
The 100 miles from orlando is about the right sort of distance

im an m38a1 owner and vietnam war collector/reenactor so would be prticulary interested in any events or also any surplus stores that have older stock

any tips much appreciated

Andy
(uk)

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
August and September typically don't have too many MV or reenactor events due to the oppressive heat, humidity, and daily afternoon showers. Unfortunately, I don't know of any events during your vacation. The next event I will coordinate is the Veteran's Day Parade on 11/8. The Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally is October 8-12. It's a 450 mile drive north from Davenport.

I don't know of any good surplus stores around the Kissimmee area. Google it when you get here, and maybe you will run across a gem of a store that I've never visited!

pockersUK

Many thanks fot the replies guys

ill have a further google search

i went to a small vehiclegathering / swop meet in 2011 at a flea mkt which had a militaria stall in the mkt itself - think it was called mad dog - anyone recognise it?

ALso as a side note any one reccomd any real/genuine flea markets near davenport/kissimee. ( ie not the usual flea market PRICES tourist traps)

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy! :jumpin: :cookoo: :mrgreen:
There is no cure for OD Fever. There is no 12 step program because no one wants to be cured. Steel Soldiers is the best support group on the Interwebs. [thumbzup] You are in good company, my friend!

I added you to my list. The next event I will be organizing is a Veterans Day Parade. I'll keep you posted. Do you have an MV, or are you still looking for one?

infidel got me

Actually I am the proud owner of a 1991 923a2.A Friend of mine showed up at a camp out around 6 mos.ago with his 5ton,and that was it I HAD 2 HAVE ONE.He hooked me up with the gl website and within 2 weeks I was heading back from atl.with my very own 5 ton.I follow this web site ALOT and thanks to all you mv guys I have learned things about these vechicles that I would not have learned in years.I look forward to meeting the mv owners around our area and at least through ss web pages of other states.I think the brotherhood you guys show towards one another is priceless like andys truck breaking down on the side of road and not one but dozens jumped in to help WAY KOOL.You just don't find people willing to do that anymore.I think that I have found a good thing in the mv world,but you guys have made it that much better.Look forward to meeting you and thanks 4 welcoming me to your family.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
infidel - We really have a great group in here Central FL. [thumbzup] I look forward to meeting you as well, sir.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks